[Old School]Which of these New Modules Is Your Favorite?

Which of these modules is your favorite?

• Blood Runs Cold (Øone Games)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cairn of the Skeleton King (Pied Piper Publishing)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Fabled Curse of the Brigand Crypt (Prime Requisite Games)

• The Fane of Poisoned Prophecies (Chaotic Henchmen)

• The Forgotten Temple of Baalzebul (Brave Halfling Publishing)

• Idol of the Orcs (Goblinoid Games)

• Into the Mite Lair (Ronin Arts)

• The People of the Pit (Brave Halfling Publishing)

• The Pod Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Expeditious Retreat Press)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • The Red Mausoleum (Expeditious Retreat Press)

• Sanctum of the Stone Giant Lord (RC Pinnell)

• The Spire of Iron and Crystal (Mythmere Games)

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

JimLotFP

Banned
Poll to come.

The companion to the other poll. I think the old modules are a great common touchstone for players, giving a standard to which to compare success and styles of play.

It would be cool if the new adventures can be a common standard as well.

So which of these stands out to you?

Redbeard67

Validated User
Cairn of the Skeleton Key is on my shopping list, but it is sold out.
Haven't seen any of the others, though I've read a good review of Idol of the Orcs (think that was the one.)

I'll be watching this thread with interest to purchase.

By the way Jim, you could have put some of your modules on the poll. By title alone Death Frost Doom should get votes :)

Melan

Radio Free Internet
Validated User
Pod-Caverns is rightfully lauded; it is quirky, imaginative and just well-crafted. Old-school without being a retread. Cairn of the Skeleton King also has a lot going for it, although it isn't unproblematic - some of the rooms in the first half have too many things going on simultanteously, and that may complicate things if you are running it; it is also a bit too loot-heavy, although that's easy enough to change.

Semah

Sexy Drunkard
Validated User
I haven't played or read any of these. I think I'll buy whichever one wins the poll.

Melire

Retired User
I think many of these listed are worth getting. In particular I would recommend:

The Spire of Iron and Crystal (the one I voted for)

The Pod Caverns of the Sinister Shroom

Sanctum of the Stone Giant Lord (read boring but played great!)

Both Brave Halfling mods are good. Again, didn't seem too good when read, but played great.

The Fane of Poisoned Prophecies

The rest I haven't read or played in, so they are probably good, but I do not personally know.

JimLotFP

Banned
Sanctum of the Stone Giant Lord (read boring but played great!)
I agree here, and I find this comes up a lot - not so awesome to read, but plays well.

My vote of this bunch is Cairn of the Skeleton King, and that didn't read too thrilling for me but when I ran it, it was awesome (Melan's criticism is noted and agreed with, but I think that's a presentation issue with the module more than a fault of the actual design of the rooms).

Akrasia

Lord of Procrastination
Validated User
I voted for Mythmere's The Spire of Iron and Crystal, although his Pod-Caverns is also great. Both modules have a superb 'weird fantasy' and 'sword & sorcery' vibe to them.

Idol of the Orcs is the only one that I've actually run so far, and it is a solid adventure, just not as inspiring in tone as Mythmere's stuff (IMO).

Crothian

Validated User
I haven't seen many of these but The Pod Caverns of the Sinister Shroom was a lot of fun.

Morandir

Vehement atheist
Validated User
Spire of Iron and Crystal, because I'm a big fan of Weird Fantasy/S&S stuff, and this has it in spades.

Mor

Top Bottom