One Day At A Time canceled by Netflix

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
After three seasons the remake of One Day At A Time has been canceled. It was a wonderful show about a Cuban-American family living their lives and struggles. It was funny, buy often dealt with serious issues in respectful ways. Netflix of course says it was due to a lack of viewership, but the more general consensus among TV critics and such is that the show was owned by Sony and Netflix would have had to pay Sony more money for a new season.

If you have given the show a chance, give it a try. It is possible you didn't even know the show existed, since Netflix didn't promote it at all.

TemerousNox

Validated User
Nooooooo!

I loved this show so much - my mom and I have been watching it weekly (Mom doesn't have the patience to binge like I do).

Litpho

Wandering stranger
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I binged it a few weeks back. I knew Rita Moreno was great, but Justina Machado stole the show for me with an amazing performance followed by Isabella Gomez. Only Marcel Ruiz took some time to grow on me, but he was getting in good stuff in the third season as well.

If it's not picked up by another network, at least the existing three seasons are close to flawless.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I started to watch Season 1 a while back, got distracted and then wound up watching all of Season 3 when it came up as a suggestion. Turns out the recap was perfectly fine for Season 3 to make sense on its own.

Once I hit the end of S3 I looped back and watched all of S1, and am now a couple eps into S2. I feel like I got to the show just a little too late, but if it actually was a case of not enough people watching it, I wonder how far short it was?

Litpho

Wandering stranger
RPGnet Member
Validated User
On a more positive note, if they had cancelled it after season one or two I would have been more miffed because there were still some storylines to be wrapped up. The end of season 3, on the other hand, I think they're in a good place. Schneider not so much, true, but this is not a bad place to say our goodbyes as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom