• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OneDice RPG: Characters...

grey_tarot

Validated User
I've been getting intrigued by what I've heard about Cakebread & Walton's OneDice game; however, I've always liked to judge a game by seeing a character. So, since I can't find any pregen's anywhere else, I'm putting out a quick request for example characters for the game , just to get a bit of a feel for how they look :)
Thanks in advance for any examples people are willing to share....

Hafwit

Try to remember peace
Validated User
I just bought the game on a whim. I'll see if I can't make a few characters over the weekend.

Hafwit

Try to remember peace
Validated User
It's nothing if not quick!

You distribute six points (unless the GM decides otherwise) among your three attributes. Using these you determine three derived stats. Then you distribute six points among about 40 skills (so you focus on your character's core abilities. You then jot down your stunt points and Bob's pretty much your uncle.

Esmerelda Vargas, Private Detective (using the basic 'generic' rules).
Esmerelda Vargas is a young private eye, trying to make ends meet in Rio Grande, TX

Abilities

Strong: 1 Clever: 3 Quick: 2
Health: 3 Defence: 6 Move: 20

Skills
Athletics (Quick) 1
Investigation (Clever) 2
Psychology (Clever) 1
Research (Clever) 2

Stunt Points: 6

Esmerelda Vargas, Supernatural Avenger

This version of Ms. Vargas is a member of the Lacrimose Sisterhood/Los Hermanas Llorando, an ancient order of avenging women. She is the scourge of criminals on the Mexican/Texas border.

Abilities

Strong: 1 Clever: 3 Quick: 2
Health: 3 Defence: 6

Skills
Bruiser (Strong) 4 (3 from Martial Artist)
Athletics (Quick) 1
Investigation (Clever) 2
Psychology (Clever) 1
Research (Clever) 1

Special Powers
Total Recall (Minor)
Martial Artist (+3 to Bruiser) (Minor)
Invisibility (Major)

Stunt Points: 6

The second character is made using options in the 'Super hero skin' section. There are three of those: fantasy, super hero and space.

Hafwit

Try to remember peace
Validated User
Attribute + Skill (if you got it) + 1d6 vs. another roll or a static target number.

discuit

Validated User
I'd love to see a Dwarven Cleric and Elven Ranger attempt if anyone has the book and time. :)

doomedpc

Validated User
There's a fantasy skin in OneDice Universal to be going on with, but after we have OneDice Space out (we already have OneDice Steampunk and OneDice Pirates & Dragons available), we're looking to do OneDice Fantasy :)

Top Bottom