• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC OOC -- A Fistful of Credits

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is the OOC thread for the RIFTS game "A Fistful of Credits". The GM is thirdkingdom.

Please take the time to read through a list of basic guidelines as to how to post and participate in this game.

1.) Please take the time to use proper English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

2. Please preface all posts with bolded text announcing your character's name and class (or, alternatively, name and a description of no more than several words). Example Post:

3.) Lengthy OOC comments belong in the OOC thread. Brief OOC comments may be included in IC posts provided that they are placed at the bottom of the posts and hidden in an sblock. Please see example post. To figure out how to use the tags, quote my entire post, scroll down to 3.), and observe the tagging. I'm guilty of occasionally making IC posts consisting of nothing an OOC sblock. I will try to curb this.

4.) Do not puppet anyone else's character. Do not puppet NPCs. If you are unsure what I mean by "puppet", I mean that no player should make posts detailing what another character is doing or thinking(those posts should be made by that character's player) or posts detailing what an NPC is doing or thinking(those posts should be made by the DM.)

Please note that the DM can and will puppet the characters of players who are absent in order to prevent game stagnation. This will be done sparingly.

5.) Expected posting frequency is a minimum of once per weekday and preferably more often during combat. If you are going to be absent, please make an effort to notify the group in the OOC thread. In general, I will usually wait until the preponderant majority of the group has posted and then update things. Sometimes this will result in players with a slower posting frequency getting left behind from time to time. While this is unfortunate, in my experience slowing a game down to accomodate the slowest player(s) in the group kills campaigns since the more active posters get bored and lose interest. During combat I'll try to post *at minimum* every twenty-four hours.

Given the nature of this campaign I will be fast forwarding through a fair amount of "boring" stuff. I'll make a big post with a bunch of stuff. Feel free to post in response to anything and we'll go back and visit whatever you want to. Note that I will do this to a certain extent with dungeoncrawling, as well. We'll come up with an SOP and I'll post until something interesting happens. This is mostly to avoid a few days spent of "you open the door and find an empty room. You search it and find nothing but cobwebs. You move on and find a second empty room" -- except it wouldn't be a summary like that.

6.) All in-character posts should be written in present tense and in the third person. "Brax puts down his satchel and pulls out a plasma grenade!"

7.) If your character is speaking in a language other than American, please indicate that this is the case by using italics.

8.) The DM handles all dice rolls.

9.) During combat, I ask for intentions. Players may describe their intentions and basic actions IC. I then post an IC post describing the results after rolling the dice OOC. Players may then make another IC post elaborating on their characters' actions if they wish to, but certainly don't have to do so. Bear in mind that puppeting is forbidden, so no posts like "All of the group are impressed by Brax the Wilderness Scout's awesome moves." If the other characters are impressed by Brax's awesome moves, their players will indicate that that is the case.

Do not post something like "Brax the Wilderness Scout fires his bow and slays the enemy." Nobody knows if Brax the Wilderness Scout did indeed slay the enemy until the DM has done the dice-rolling.

10.) As a continuation of some of the guidelines posted above, please do not litter IC posts with lengthy conditionals, maybes, and hypothetical actions. All of these things are fine in the OOC thread or, if relatively brief, in an IC post but within an sblock.

11.) If you feel that I have made a ruling in error, please bring it up in the OOC thread. I cannot promise you that I will agree with your objection, but I will certainly take it into consideration. No DM is perfect. From time to time I make mistakes and I very much appreciate having these pointed out so that I can correct them. Please bear in mind that the DM is the final authority on the rules.

All players are free to start posting in the OOC thread for this game.

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
How much do you want to deal with resource tracking as far as ammo replenishment and vehicle/armor repairs? Since a techno-wizard can convert magic to electricity, it should be easy enough to make an e-cell recharger. Or just an adaptor for her converted ATV. Do you want to do something like a pace, lose 10 miles of range for each E-clip, or just split encounters between "Time enough to recharge everything," "Time enough to recharge X clips" and "No time for that?"

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
We may want to agree OOC on where we're going to ultimately wind up going, since we haven't all agreed on a first choice yet, and don't want to take too long going in circles.

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
How much do you want to deal with resource tracking as far as ammo replenishment and vehicle/armor repairs? Since a techno-wizard can convert magic to electricity, it should be easy enough to make an e-cell recharger. Or just an adaptor for her converted ATV. Do you want to do something like a pace, lose 10 miles of range for each E-clip, or just split encounters between "Time enough to recharge everything," "Time enough to recharge X clips" and "No time for that?"
Let me look and see what it says in the book. I know it gives a cost for recharging.

Sabermane

Proud Fianna knight of hope and peace
Validated User
Purely to make things easier, I'ma just ignore the backstory given and just go with "I'm a full conversion battle borg from somewhere else".

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
We may want to agree OOC on where we're going to ultimately wind up going, since we haven't all agreed on a first choice yet, and don't want to take too long going in circles.
It's usually easiest to vote OOC, rather than try to RP through an actual multilateral conversation.

So, here's my vote: We talk to Dawnstar before moving on anything. Note that while Tiger is deeply naive, he has very high trust/charm/impress/intimidate percentages. If somebody else can coach him, he may be the party's best negotiator in a mechanical sense.

Purely to make things easier, I'ma just ignore the backstory given and just go with "I'm a full conversion battle borg from somewhere else".
Cool. I, too, often edit backstories as I go.

Would anyone like to be the person who found Tiger when he was just hatched and let him tag along? Or would the rest of the group have been together at that point. He's about a month old right now. This is not a priority, we can answer this question in some later flashback

The Watcher

Cosmic Observer
Validated User
Talking to Dawnstar first is my vote too. Who knows, the cache could be hidden in the same area that one of the other things going on is in, letting us do a two for one thing.

As for Felix, I had him living in Wichita and joining the group when they passed through. Unless anyone objects to that, in which case I'll change things. I suppose it's possible he could have found the egg while doing salvage runs in the area around the city. Having a dragon hatchling buddy would be a good incentive for the group to let Felix tag along. :)

Jeremy Kopczynski

Validated User
I vote talking to Dawnstar first as well. Maybe talk to the governor second to see what she has to say. More information is better though I doubt James has the wherewithal to express that.

Top Bottom