[OOC] ACKS Last Requests

Safid

Validated User
How do you want to run Polesius' probability trance ability? It seems distinct from divination spells, which ask an ineffable godling for information that may be deliberately withheld or simply miscommunicated. The trance gives me "useful information regarding a question concerning a specific goal, event, or activity" by weighing probabilities and existing information.

I guess I see it kind of like a human computer or really smart guy drawing logical conclusions. Maybe the difference is that when it fails, the user basically knows "I don't have enough info?" Anyway, it's a 1/day ability, so I may as well see what it tells me about going downstream to this small town.

Caias Ward

Validated User
How do you want to run Polesius' probability trance ability? It seems distinct from divination spells, which ask an ineffable godling for information that may be deliberately withheld or simply miscommunicated. The trance gives me "useful information regarding a question concerning a specific goal, event, or activity" by weighing probabilities and existing information.

I guess I see it kind of like a human computer or really smart guy drawing logical conclusions. Maybe the difference is that when it fails, the user basically knows "I don't have enough info?" Anyway, it's a 1/day ability, so I may as well see what it tells me about going downstream to this small town.
I play a character with similar abilities in a LARP (I get to ask OOC questions of characters regarding their motivations, abilities, etc). It's part Batman, part Mentat, where you have an insight that Others Just Can't Get. Like "This is probably the best place the enemy would put reserve forces to ambush you" or "There are actually two groups opposing you".

Safid

Validated User
Cool!

So, maybe to help get things started, can I use the trance to determine if the 800+ villagers down the river are likely to be hostile? i.e. are we diplomats or conquerors, here? Saves us the time of sending a scout downriver to find out or tracking down and questioning the original explorer.

Safid

Validated User
Is there a good way to hook up with the Count's factor? I don't think we have the funds to buy our own boat right now, and there are no roads where we're going, so if he wants us to explore this land, we need transport.

Caias Ward

Validated User
Alright, you don't know the trade modifiers for Henbar's Reach, but once you get there you can figure that out and send word for stuff you want and need. IC post incoming.

Caias Ward

Validated User
My wife and daughter get back from Switzerland tomorrow night, so I need tomorrow to Do All The Things. I'll see about posting tomorrrow; we'll be moving out of prologue at that point, where we start tracking time and money and the like.

Kacie

Brave New World
RPGnet Member
Validated User
We should all purchase a riding horse, correct? For ease of party movement?

EDIT:
I'm purchasing a bunch of stuff for light trade (spices), and I'm also purchasing herbs for the group - Woundwort, Goldenrod, herbs that help with adventuring. Spica doesn't have the Healing feat, but two other PCs do, and haven't listed those as purchases. I'm happy to characterize Spica as someone who has long-term planning, knows these herbs will help, but doesn't have the Healing skill, but happy to give the herbs to those who can use them - if that's cool with Lysus (Vasha) and NoMessiah (Audrik Caspian).

Last edited:
Top Bottom