Open recruitment for second Dominions 3 game

Njorhg

Validated User
In a recent thread we gathered memebers interested in Dominons 13 to experiment with the game.
It's a 6 year old gane that players keep combing back to. Through word-of-mouth there's often new players.

We are having our first, quite successful, game currently here on RPG.net in the game's general discussion thread.

There are 6 players in the original game and 5 people have declared interest in this one.

Some quotes from the last thread:

DrFaustus said:
A magic-heavy 4X with nations inspired by ancient folklore and myths?

How have I not heard of this already?!
Peers said:
All I can say is, I dislike fighting wars on two fronts.

But hidden frost-giant amphibios S.E.A.L. assault teams are fun, yes.
Damn, but those frost giants are terrifying. That was supposed to be a crushing victory. I planned for several turns to make it a crushing victory. And then I sent along some extra mages "just in case." And I end up with a nail-biter of a win. Couldn't even run down those routing giants in the end.
ResplendentScorpion said:
The game has been engineered to teach me disaster management
Most players are still new, and thus this is a game where beginners can be competitive.

Feel free to sign up if you're interested

The game can be gotten here http://ulm.illwinter.com/dom3/index.html (will work soon)

Last edited:

Njorhg

Validated User
Re: Open recruitment for second Dominions 13 game.

Congratulations!

We said that we would have another game in the early area so... What's your pick of nation?

Peers

Order of Cleansing Flame
Validated User

No idea. At work right now. Will look through them again when I get home.

the_redstar_swl

Banned

Wait so they've finally dropped Shrapnel Games and are selling it for a reasonable price on a digital distribution service?

Njorhg

Validated User

Wait so they've finally dropped Shrapnel Games and are selling it for a reasonable price on a digital distribution service?
Just recently. They are at the stage where the new distributor is putting the game up (a distributor which Illwinter already has another game on).

The new price is much lower/actually sensible.

Last edited:

the_redstar_swl

Banned

Just recently. They are at the stage where the new distributor is putting the game up (a distributor which Illwinter already has another game on).

The new price is much lower/actually sensible.
Interesting. I've wanted to try it out for a while now, but the price has always turned me off. I'll keep it in mind.

DrFaustus

Humanistic Infernalist
Validated User

I'll join, too.

Thinking I either want to play Mictlan or Ry'leh (providing playing an aquatic nation won't be too disruptive, that is).

And here's a question I've been having: is there any way to increase your nation's Holy resources? I was stuck at 4 of those for the entire last game we played, made construction of sacreds difficult. Building Temples doesn't seem to increase it any.

Atlictoatl

Looking for Operations/Culture employment
Validated User

What sort of time commitment is required for a multiplayer game of Dominions 3? Is it appropriate to sign on if this'll be my first ever game?

Last edited:

dimensional

Existential Flower
Validated User

I'll join, too.

Thinking I either want to play Mictlan or Ry'leh (providing playing an aquatic nation won't be too disruptive, that is).

And here's a question I've been having: is there any way to increase your nation's Holy resources? I was stuck at 4 of those for the entire last game we played, made construction of sacreds difficult. Building Temples doesn't seem to increase it any.
You are limited by your dominion in the province. your max dominion is your gods starting dominion +1 per 5 temples I believe.

as for time comitment. - 20 to 40 mins per day? less at the begining

anyway I'm in again.

Not sure of my choice yet

Top Bottom