Origins/gen Con LARPs?

Matt-M-McElroy

What Are You Afraid Of?
Validated User
Are you running or playing in a LARP event at Origins or Gen Con this year?

What/When/Where? Gimme the scoop as to what is going on.

What games are a must attend? Why?

Thanks,

Matt

Jadasc

Validated User
At Gen Con, our friend Dan O. is debuting a DS9 LARP, for one thing. There's an annual 7th Sea game that's gotten raves. Often there's a Game of Thrones event.

Dulahan

Validated User
The LARP Company "Kettle of Fish" is always a blast. they run at both cons. I highly recommend them, super nice people, there's a lot of camraderie AND acceptance amongst them, after playing with them once or twice you're basically part of the family, these peeps are straight up the reason I go to Gen Con every year, less to play even at this point and more to hang out. Though the play is a blast!

Particularly notable is they ALWAYS run a "Midnight LARP" that's some unholy mashup of Cthulhu and Classic Children's Lit on Friday night. Combine the weird ass themes (Chitty Chitty Fthaghn Fthagn, Charlie Chonka and the Fudge Refinery... you get the point), some EXCELLENT players, the late hour loopiness, and to be fair some semi-tipsy people due to the booze being passed around, and you get a bloody treat! Never disappointed, always been an absolute blast.

They do all sorts of themes. I've done everything from Fading Suns to Shadowrun to 40k to Deadlands to Fairy Tails with them, and it's always a good event.

Another group that's a bit more serious and very well regarded is Elder Entertainment - they specialize in Cthulhu stuff. they sell out quick though.

Omega

Validated User
At Gen Con, our friend Dan O. is debuting a DS9 LARP, for one thing. There's an annual 7th Sea game that's gotten raves. Often there's a Game of Thrones event.
Is this the same "Mirror Universe" one that was held in MN back in the 90s?

Top Bottom