OSRIC A5 Size

Skywalker

Back Off the Buddha!
Validated User
I have had and ran OSRIC for a while as a PDF. However, I just bought the smaller A5 sized version if the book and received it today.

Leaving aside any comment on AD&D1e in general, I find myself a little surprised by how much perverse enjoyment i am feeling in having the entirety (well not quite, but all the salient bits) of the three core books in such a small and concise package. Something about the form factor interfacing with a long held memory of three weighty tomes.

I hope someone, some day, does the same for AD&D2e and the Rules Cyclopedia (as untouched but reorgansied as OSRIC is for 1e). Just for shits and giggles, y'know.

smarttman

I do some stuff
Validated User
I have had and ran OSRIC for a while as a PDF. However, I just bought the smaller A5 sized version if the book and received it today.

Leaving aside any comment on AD&D1e in general, I find myself a little surprised by how much perverse enjoyment i am feeling in having the entirety (well not quite, but all the salient bits) of the three core books in such a small and concise package. Something about the form factor interfacing with a long held memory of three weighty tomes.

I hope someone, some day, does the same for AD&D2e and the Rules Cyclopedia (as untouched but reorgansied as OSRIC is for 1e). Just for shits and giggles, y'know.
I'd say Dark Dungeons is a pretty good recreation of the RC.

Skywalker

Back Off the Buddha!
Validated User
I'd say Dark Dungeons is a pretty good recreation of the RC.
Is it in small form factor? All is have seen is the standard US letter sized book. As said, its the form factor that gave me the added delight that putting DD next to my similarly sized RC wouldn't :)

But yeah, substance-wise Dark Dungeons is fine for the RC.

Zevious Zoquis

Retired User
Yeah I've got both the full-size soft cover and the A5 version of OSRIC and I just love both books. I'm like you - theres a sublime joy in having all that stuff in one nicely organized book. I also really like the layout and artwork of both books (well, the art is mostly the same in both of course). The A5 is perfect for reading in bed... :) And the damn things are remarkably in-expensive. Both under 15 bucks and with Lulu's constant 25-30% off coupons even less than that...

Skywalker

Back Off the Buddha!
Validated User
Its pretty much the OSRIC book reduced in size. The print is still clearly legible given the clean layout. I personally find the cover on the smaller sized book makes it look a little more professional. Not much more to add.

PrinceRemote

Prince of Reme
Validated User
The A5-sized OSRIC book is awesome. Though I don't even play the game, I love flipping through RPG game books of this size.

Top Bottom