• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahualt

A badder Santa
Validated User
Hmm maybe shippy truly doesnt know that what he is doing is illegal, maybe he is just that dumb.

/shrug

Steve Conan Trustrum

Head Misfit
Validated User
Typical attempt at misdirection. He raises new issues that he can hope to address in order to draw attention away from those items he has no legitimate response for.

Radioactive Ape Colin

The Radioactive Ape!
I have been reading this thread off and on and just noticed Shipman's name. I know that name from several years ago when he started stealing Gamma World material, both the official books (1e, 2e and 4e IIRC) and fan material from the web (inc my stuff for 4e). This was at least 8 years ago.

It doesn't suprise me at all that he is still doing this. After the fans on the GW mailing list complained, he basically said FO and die.

I hope the rat does go to jail.
Yet more history of theft then.

So, lemme see. These are the various elements revealed by various folks:

* 70+ pieces of art stolen and used without authorization for various T&T publications including work copyrighted to Games Workshop, Dreamworks/Universal and Blizzard/Upper Deck.
* The entire Mazes & Minotaurs rpg stolen, published and sold without authorization.
* An entire adventure (including art) from Dungeon magazine copied (inc. art) with only stat blocks changed.
* Various pieces of T&T fan work stolen and published without authorization.
* Gamma World material stolen from official books and fans.
* The theft, publication and sale of T&T before he was licensed (he promised not to do it again so they licensed him).
* The publications and sale of T&T items/editions he was not licensed to do.
* Republication after first-rights without authorization or author/artist acknowledgement.
* Refusal to cease operations when his license was revoked by his licensor.
* Continued sale of works featuring stolen art despite being ordered by his licensor to cease.
* Mocking of efforts to uncover his wrongdoings, and mocking of GW fans and T&T fans disgusted by his behaviour.
* Utter failure to address any of the issues raised combined with a flimsy "The art was all obtained from some mysterious unrevealed broker" assertion.
* Utter failure to respond to the various copyright holders or disclose said mysterious broker to the relevant copyright holders.
* Claims of ownership to materials he was never involved with and rights he does not possess.
* Angry responses to "issues" no one has raised, which amount to "Mine! It's all mine!".
* Outright lies to freelancers who'd worked with him and general avoidance of them and their concerns.
* Asked one artist to edit some of the stolen artwork used for him.

And this is just the stuff we know about. As far as I know no one has spent any real time checking the interior art yet, or the textual contents of the various books, though I do know one artist has access to said works now to check them.

TheShadow

found the shaved monkeys
Validated User
These are the various elements revealed by various folks:

* 70+ pieces of art stolen and used without authorization for various T&T publications including work copyrighted to Games Workshop, Dreamworks/Universal and Blizzard/Upper Deck.
* The entire Mazes & Minotaurs rpg stolen, published and sold without authorization.
* An entire adventure (including art) from Dungeon magazine copied (inc. art) with only stat blocks changed.
* The theft, publication and sale of T&T before he was licensed (he promised not to do it again so they licensed him).
* Republication after first-rights without authorization or author/artist acknowledgement.
* Continued sale of works featuring stolen art despite being ordered by his licensor to cease.
* Mocking of efforts to uncover his wrongdoings, and mocking of GW fans and T&T fans disgusted by his behaviour.
* Utter failure to address any of the issues raised combined with a flimsy "The art was all obtained from some mysterious unrevealed broker" assertion.
* Utter failure to respond to the various copyright holders or disclose said mysterious broker to the relevant copyright holders.
* Claims of ownership to materials he was never involved with and rights he does not possess.
* Angry responses to "issues" no one has raised, which amount to "Mine! It's all mine!".
* Outright lies to freelancers who'd worked with him and general avoidance of them and their concerns.

And this is just the stuff we know about.
On the face of it, it doesn't look good.

Blizzardborn

Hiding in a snowdrift
Validated User
Your powers of understatement are a wonder to behold, and I wish to sign up for your next instructional session.

Nahualt

A badder Santa
Validated User
Yet more history of theft then.

So, lemme see. These are the various elements revealed by various folks:

And this is just the stuff we know about. As far as I know no one has spent any real time checking the interior art yet, or the textual contents of the various books, though I do know one artist has access to said works now to check them.
Sigh...this guy is really grade A scumbag.

We should make a wiki entry on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom