• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Overwatch Thread the 5th] Have you seen some of the things Talon wears?

Dragon_Blooded

Social Justice Main Tank
Validated User
I like all this year's Legendaries, and by being very, very lucky (seriously, I got the first two in my free golden lootbox and the first one I won in the arcade, and the third one was before the 10th event lootbox for sure) I already managed to snag the three I wanted the most: Winston, Hog and Brig. The other three are nice, but I won't shed 3k credits for them. The Epic ones leave me kinda cold: all except one are straight up recolors, and these days I expect more from purples, stuff like Frostbite Pharah's cold aura or High Roller Wrecking Ball's sunglasses. Admittedly, Carbon Fiber is a very nice, recolor, but I expect more these days. The only one that has got something extra is Electric Widowmaker, whose hair color is different from the base model, but in this case I'm not a fan of the skin's whole color scheme, so I end up not caring about it as well.

The three new dances are all really good. I want to pair up Ashe and McCree in front of each other and see if their dances match up. I was expecting Baptiste to be slicker, but the whole kinda-cool, kinda-goofy thing he has going on is kinda endearing. And Hammond's is just too cute for words, the best one of the trio. And like all previous years, they're the only items I'm 100% sure I'll buy before the event ends if I don't get them in boxes.

As for the new arcade modes, I tried the gauntlet and realized I don't really play DPS well enough to ever reach the end of it. Has anyone tried and new workshop, and has anyone found new cool/creative/crazy/etc modes they want to share?

Eduardo Penna

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Annnnnnd now I can't play.

Out of the blue (in fact, in the middle of a match with Bruwulf), I started to get "your rendering device has been lost" or "your rendering device is out of memory" error messages from Blizzard. On the up-side, it's not all the blue screen bullshit I was dealing with over the last few months. On the down-side, none of the fixes and suggestions I've found via Blizzard's forums or Youtube tutorials or anything have worked. I played my ass off all week and everything was fine (managed to get all my arcade boxes done, for instance, and several more levels, besides), but suddenly, today, after no other changes on my end and no new patches from Blizzard...crash after crash after crash, so much so I can't even load a map, now.

Robert Clay

Evil Feline Mastermind
Validated User
Annnnnnd now I can't play.

Out of the blue (in fact, in the middle of a match with Bruwulf), I started to get "your rendering device has been lost" or "your rendering device is out of memory" error messages from Blizzard. On the up-side, it's not all the blue screen bullshit I was dealing with over the last few months. On the down-side, none of the fixes and suggestions I've found via Blizzard's forums or Youtube tutorials or anything have worked. I played my ass off all week and everything was fine (managed to get all my arcade boxes done, for instance, and several more levels, besides), but suddenly, today, after no other changes on my end and no new patches from Blizzard...crash after crash after crash, so much so I can't even load a map, now.
I started getting that one almost immediately after I got my new computer. It seems to have many different possible causes, so the fix that works for one person might not (or rather probably won't) work for another.

If you have an RTX series card, it may be the Overwatch game profile in the Nvidia driver. That seems to have been my problem. At least, since removing the profile, I haven't had the error.

However, I think I only ever got the "Your rendering device has been lost" error. The "Your rendering device is out of memory" error doesn't look familiar.

Paul Watson

Validated User
I got a lucky draw from the free box and snagged Winston's legendary skin. I really want Roadhog's and Mei's, but I only have coin to buy one. Hopefully RNGesus is good to me.

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I tried about eight hundred different fixes all yesterday evening and last night, trying to get the game to work, and nothing did. On a lark, I tried to play earlier today, and it's running fine. So...just...gonna ride it out, I guess, and see how long it lasts.

taleswapper

Social Justice Lazy Warlord
Validated User
Replays have been a long time coming.
Yep. Apparently they've had the technology for the replay system in place since day 1. It's been issues with how the system works for the entire player base, considering things like storage on the servers, etc. that they've been trying to work out.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
I'm assuming that the Highlights system was running off of a stripped-down version of the replay tech, right? Because it was actual in-game footage that then has to be rendered into a video if you want to save it.

taleswapper

Social Justice Lazy Warlord
Validated User
I think that's right. They both use in-game data to reconstruct the play. That's why patches break them.

Top Bottom