• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Overwatch Thread the 5th] Have you seen some of the things Talon wears?

NeoVid

Nerd Rage Never Fades
Validated User
A friend I group with just discovered that she can't hear team voice chat at all, and none of the settings we've tried changing have affected that. Anyone dealt with the same issue? Not being able to hear the team is lethal when trying to play Comp.

Tuxedo Mask

Intl. Man of Mystery
Validated User
A friend I group with just discovered that she can't hear team voice chat at all, and none of the settings we've tried changing have affected that. Anyone dealt with the same issue? Not being able to hear the team is lethal when trying to play Comp.
Is that new? Cos I also had problems last night, wasn't hearing any team voice, but my wife was hearing it fine. Also checked settings and they were fine, then later in the evening I could hear it again.

Tuxedo Mask

Intl. Man of Mystery
Validated User
Patch is live, but QP is bugged in that it locks the roles without having the role queue in place. So it's first come, first served 2/2/2 in QP right now :p
Maybe that's their design? I mean, we didn't have 222 QP on PTR so we don't know - this way they don't have to deal with 3 QP SRs but have 222 in place. It sucks in that it greatly favours faster computers, but maybe it's not a 'bug' just bad design...

taleswapper

Social Justice Lazy Warlord
Validated User
Maybe that's their design? I mean, we didn't have 222 QP on PTR so we don't know - this way they don't have to deal with 3 QP SRs but have 222 in place. It sucks in that it greatly favours faster computers, but maybe it's not a 'bug' just bad design...
It was a bug. They fixed it.

Jake

Screamin' Vigilante
Validated User
Sigma seems very hard to kill, with his recharging shield and his absorption. What are good ways to handle him?

Kushiel

Immanent
Validated User
Interestingly, the role lock beta is live on Xbox (we don't normally have access to any beta/PTR stuff). I gave it a spin last night and had the best, most intense game I've ever played. A big part of that was due to the role lock itself, but a big part of it was also that clearly the skill levels of everyone I was playing with and against was considerably higher than what I'm used to. Did they also reset MMR/SR for the rollout of role lock, or is that something limited to the beta only?

Sigma seems very hard to kill, with his recharging shield and his absorption. What are good ways to handle him?
I tried Junkrat last night for the first time in a while, and did unusually well with him. Easy enough to bounce grenades around the barrier and/or reposition above/behind Sigma in order to get him to redeploy his shield, during which time the rest of the team isn't behind a barrier (assuming there's not a second barrier tank, which I saw quite a bit of). I noticed there were a lot of other people playing Junkrat last night too, way more than usual, so I don't think I'm the only one who came to this realization.

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Working my way through comp placements in 2-2-2 and I just gotta say oof does 2-2-2 feel extra restrictive when you've got a leaver and nobody can change to fill.

taleswapper

Social Justice Lazy Warlord
Validated User
Working my way through comp placements in 2-2-2 and I just gotta say oof does 2-2-2 feel extra restrictive when you've got a leaver and nobody can change to fill.
To be fair, a leaver was always pretty much a guaranteed loss.

Top Bottom