• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Pandemonium Games and the strange death of WEG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HinterWelt

Ich komme wieder
Validated User
I don't think most publishers have their fulfillment houses holding their entire stock of product, just for the fact that doing so would make conventions appearances a real pain in the ass. Eric quite clearly used "I don't have any product to mail out because its all at an out of state fulfillment house" as an excuse for not mailing anything to people were willing to take product in lieu of cash refund, even if they were willing to absorb shipping fees. ( http://forum.rpg.net/showpost.php?p=9128600&postcount=87 )
Dana, I am not sure what your point is. I did not address where stock was held or holding sales. My point was on the way fulfillment houses work, accounts that might be outstanding and the period and terms you might expect. I know many publishers that keep only a small amount on hand for orders. That is because many can expect a lot more sales through distro than direct. This does not apply directly to me but then this is not about me. If Eric goes to cons then he might have some product on hand but not enough for a liquidation sale. Again, not defending anything here, just trying to explain to people how things work.
Sure, being in arrears may not mean a company is insolvent. However, the fact that on top of all the preorders remaining unrefunded for months, there are two years worth of back taxes to be dealt with ( http://forum.rpg.net/showpost.php?p=9121659&postcount=28 ) suggests that those outstanding accounts receivable aren't the problem. It also gives one even more reason to lean toward an assessment of insolvency, rather than considering the problem a mere temporary cash flow issue.
I am glad you agree with me. This is different from insolvency. That was my only point. Now, specifically for Eric and from what he has said, if he is managing his debt, paying his back taxes and has the A/R to cover it then it is a cash flow problem. It could get chronic if he incurs too much debt (from what he has said that is not the case). Now, if he is counting stock in the warehouse as A/R then he is in trouble as that is not good accounting nor particularly feasible in this market.

Now, you really did not speak to my points but o.k. I really do not have much to say about how Eric is conducting business except I would never do pre-orders. Other companies do, but I just feel they are too risky. I prefer a much more "I have the product, you buy the product, everyone is happy" approach.

Bill

zenten

Validated User
Charities are not the only organizations expected to pay what they owe.
Um, what?

If you want your money back, contact your credit card company. If for some reason you didn't pay by credit card, take the company to small claims court. Seems pretty simple really. No reason to get upset about this beyond that, companies do this all the time, including ones run by perfectly good people.

But yeah, my comment about the charity is saying you shouldn't donate money, or give this company special treatment. Treat it like one.

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
No reason to get upset about this beyond that, companies do this all the time, including ones run by perfectly good people.
I wouldn't say taking the money and not delivering the promised product/service is exactly a common method of business.

Last edited:

Redfeild

Retired User
OK. I got to page three bfore i was sick of the discussion so forgive me if the thread got back on track.

*Who is Pandemonium?

*Why is the art fo the D6 Gamemasters Sheild tide in with the what looks like a new, not WEG, logo?

*Is this Pandemonium going to publish new D6 product or at least sell off the old D6 product?

hellsreach

Banned
I don't think most publishers have their fulfillment houses holding their entire stock of product, just for the fact that doing so would make conventions appearances a real pain in the ass. Eric quite clearly used "I don't have any product to mail out because its all at an out of state fulfillment house" as an excuse for not mailing anything to people were willing to take product in lieu of cash refund, even if they were willing to absorb shipping fees. ( http://forum.rpg.net/showpost.php?p=9128600&postcount=87 )
You really are the master of reading things I DIND'T write into threads to suit your own definition.

I didn't say I have not product on hand and wouldn't have considered it. I said I maintain virtually any our products at a fulfillment house, I was referring to product LINES, nit individual copies and even then it was in direct refence to suggestions that I didn't have the money to pay for shipping product TO DISTRIBUTORS. I also never remotely used the fact that I do not have copies on had as an excuse for not shipping product. If I didn't happen to have that product on hand, I'd give Impressions a call and have him ship me a box or two within the week. I said, to paraphase, that I didn't need to pay for shipping because they are shipped out by our fulfillment house and they take a percentage cut of wholesale -- as is the standard for order fulfillment in this industry.

I have roughly 50 or 60 copies of Junta, a couple thousand copies of D6 Adventure and dozens of copies of nearly every current product in either my basement, or my garage. In fact, much to my wife chagrin, a full half of my garage is filled with something on the order of 7 or 8 pallets of books, files, old art and other such things.

For everyone's sake, can you please stop posting Dana. Your trend of misquoting me at best, or lying just as often is getting old and is not helping any of the good folks for whom deserve their timely refund or exchanges.

For the love of god, why do you persist with this combative agenda. Can't we just agree to move on, not talk to or about each other any more, and simply agree to dance a private jig when the other is pushing up daisies?

If you goal was to be a super troll and get under my skin, you won. You are the master. I can honestly say, with every bit of honesty that you are the only person in the world, now or ever, that I honestly hate. My brother was murdered decades ago, and I cannot even say the same of his killer. Of course, so many people will read this as me being unduly passionate, but they have no idea of what a total tool you really are. I surrender... What will it take for you to leave me alone?

hellsreach

Banned
I am glad you agree with me. This is different from insolvency. That was my only point. Now, specifically for Eric and from what he has said, if he is managing his debt, paying his back taxes and has the A/R to cover it then it is a cash flow problem. It could get chronic if he incurs too much debt (from what he has said that is not the case). Now, if he is counting stock in the warehouse as A/R then he is in trouble as that is not good accounting nor particularly feasible in this market.
Lol, no. I do not count inventory as A/R. I count inventory as inventory. Although stardard practive is to count inventory in current assets, I don't even do that since I've been sitting on inventory for over 12 months.

I count A/R just as everyone else does. Money owed to the company for products or service rendered to be paid in a sort period of time. It just so happens that, for most of the money, the date is past due. As anyone who has done business in the industry, that is not even a tiny bit uncommon.

Now, you really did not speak to my points but o.k. I really do not have much to say about how Eric is conducting business except I would never do pre-orders. Other companies do, but I just feel they are too risky. I prefer a much more "I have the product, you buy the product, everyone is happy" approach.

Bill
And now, so do I.

I have plenty to say about how I've been running my business. I've been running it VERY badly and my customers and my reputation has suffered. Still, Dana would love to sit back to try to tell everybody that I sit here and act like I'm always right, that I feel myself free of any wrongdoing or the like. He want's people to believe that I've taken credit for anything good WEG has every done and simply blame the bad on other factors. Of course, I've never done that once, but Dana has been lying about me for years, so why would I expect his to stop now?

Last edited:

Clayton Wick

GENTLEMEN.
Validated User
You've probably bought all sorts of non-RPG products in the past year from companies that are in worse shape than this one.
The key difference here is that buying a non-RPG product in the past year from a company in worse shape than this one usually entails receiving the product after payment. And right now there's over a hundred people who can say that hasn't been happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom