• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Pandemonium Games and the strange death of WEG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfeild

Retired User
Pandemonium Games was once an aborted plan to expand into retail. After securing the computer infrastructure, I used that as a shell of WEG direct sales.

I used art from the D6 Core books/ GM screen because I like the art and think it has the potential to be rather iconic.
Thanks.
I also like the GM Sheild art. The middle pannel is my favorite. D6 adventure is one of my top 10 favorite RPG covers.

hellsreach

Banned
I'm done trying to explain myself to people who don't want an explaination but just wish to turn words around and read into what I write.

If there is anyone here that still has a valid interest in WEG, or their refunds or exchanges, I'm happy to answer any question you have. Other than that, I'm gone.

Dana, you are an enormous fucking asshole.

Moderators, please feel free to make my suspension permanent. I've absolutely no desire to frequent or associate with a forum that suffers the posting of total cock-suckers like him.

Jgants, even though you are on Dana's "side" in this matter, please do not assume that I share the same feelings about you. The reason is, my history with Dana goes FAR back and this was just too much.

My business is my business Dana. You don't know it and I'm don't trying to explain how things now work, or have worked in the past because all you want to do is be a total prick.

For people who with be angered my my reduced transparency and approachability, please thank Dana Jorgensen.

Dana, you don't know me in the least. Long ago your made the errant decision that I was cut from the same cloth as Ken Whitman and you are very wrong. Go ahead and think yourself noble as some sort of crusader. You are not. You and an angery, stupid man who makes prejudical conclusions about people and then obsessively follows everything they say looking for the slightest inconsistency (usually a result of simply talking about two different things) and reads that was dishonesty.

I'm not dishonest. I am many things. I'm often irresponsible. I certainly dream bigger than my means, and I'm quick to go public with things before I've done 100% of the homework. I'm a passionate lover of gaming -- or was at one time -- that leads be to make business decisions not fully motivated by profit. I'm emotional, and fallable. I am a human being.

I'm am not now nor will I ever be a scammer or a crook. I'm not anywhere close to Ken Whitman.

I am also -- out of here. I wash my hands of Dana Jorgensen. I was my wash hands of RPG.net and the hordes cat-piss men gamer masses that don't realize that most game publishers do what we do because the love (or loved) this community, but still you manage to treat us like crap.

I am going to refund or give exchanges to everyone as they desire and that may yet be that last thing I do in this industry.

Open D6? Maybe, maybe not. I must ask myself, why bother? Just to give people fuel for the sense on entitlement?

As this hobby industry shinks from it's great past, it is sad to see that, rather than doing what it takes to beathe life back into it, we snarl like ravenous beasts fighting for scraps. The hobby will die because it must die. I've is a social hobby designed for people with all the social grace of a reptile. A fat, disgusting reptile with just enough education so that put on an air for sophistication, but they really just justifies the world's labels of gamers as hopeless, vile dorks that need to be put down like lame dogs.

Give yourself a pat on the back, oh great crusader of the unwashed masses. You have defeated me. You've unjustly labeled me a criminal and attacked me for years, and I've not more heart to fight back. If we should square off again, it will certainly not be on the internet.

Christopher V. Brady

Banned
Damn... I liked Torg, and I hoped to see it again.:(

Well, whatever happens, Hellsreach, you have a good one.

A good what I don't really know, but make it good anyway.

HinterWelt

Ich komme wieder
Validated User
For instance, it makes absolutely no sense that WEG paid a living wage but Eric decided not to work at it full time and instead took a different job, and has managed to rack up a lot of personal debt. Now, maybe his definition of "living wage" differs from mine, but if you can't afford to pay your regular bills (like property taxes), then I wouldn't consider that a living wage.
Again, i have to butt in here. This is an example of ignorance of the RPG Industry and possibly of small business. You can have a company make a living, heck, a damn good salary but not choose to work at it. For me, it was running a game store, actually two. Fairly successful and making close to 70K gross per store in the 1990s. The work was unbearable. The stress was killer. The hours long. In short, entirely not worth it.

I am not saying anything about Eric, just in general about the RPG industry and the amount of effort and uncertainty that surrounds working in it.

Bill

Lev Lafayette

Lawful Good Anarchist
Validated User
9.34 am...

Let my formally apologize to everyone for my lack of professionalism, especially with regards to Dana.
Very next post by the same author at 8.44 pm

Dana, you are an enormous fucking asshole.
:eek:

Ummm... Okay.. I understand this is a hard time and a "full and frank discussion" but reading these two posts is going to leave a casual observer to the discussion (e.g., myself) wondering if one expression was sincere and one wasn't.

NulSyn

Hippo, Nature's Ninja!
Validated User
I was my wash hands of RPG.net and the hordes cat-piss men gamer masses that don't realize that most game publishers do what we do because the love (or loved) this community, but still you manage to treat us like crap.
Wow way to show love, by stereotyping and name calling all the people in the community you claim to love in the exact same sentence.

Are you truly surprised you are being treated like crap when you've taken peoples money and after months of excuses not given them their product or money back.....I mean seriously?

Lautrec

lord of the underdark
I am also -- out of here. I wash my hands of Dana Jorgensen. I was my wash hands of RPG.net and the hordes cat-piss men gamer masses that don't realize that most game publishers do what we do because the love (or loved) this community, but still you manage to treat us like crap.
Yes, how DARE these filthy customers ask for an actual product? Why can't they just give you money and then go away? Truly, the life of the game designer is a long and arduous journey.

I am going to refund or give exchanges to everyone as they desire and that may yet be that last thing I do in this industry.
One could always hope...

As this hobby industry shinks from it's great past, it is sad to see that, rather than doing what it takes to beathe life back into it, we snarl like ravenous beasts fighting for scraps. The hobby will die because it must die. I've is a social hobby designed for people with all the social grace of a reptile. A fat, disgusting reptile with just enough education so that put on an air for sophistication, but they really just justifies the world's labels of gamers as hopeless, vile dorks that need to be put down like lame dogs.
Yeah, that's really going to improve your business. Face it, you fail at publishing.

Give yourself a pat on the back, oh great crusader of the unwashed masses. You have defeated me. You've unjustly labeled me a criminal and attacked me for years, and I've not more heart to fight back. If we should square off again, it will certainly not be on the internet.
This is, what, the third time you threaten him with implied physical violence? Classy,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom