• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Pathfinder: Bound for the Monkey Islands

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
OOC: Sorry, that resolved quicker than expected.
Did my summon figure into the flanking, or were Vomzisk and Shelly sufficient?
 

Dalillama

Registered User
Validated User
Vomzisk (31/36, Fatigued 1/2, spells 1/4)

Vomzisk heals herself a bit and clambers down the cliff, a bit slower than she went up. "I will live, but I preferred when the monster bit the softskins."
 
Last edited:

Mr The Geoff

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User
Shelly 31/31HP AC17

"It's sort of insulting when they don't see me as a threat, that's twice in a row now I've been ignored"
 

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
Vomzisk (21/36, Fatigued 1/2, spells 1/4)

Vomzisk heals herself a bit and clambers down the cliff, a bit slower than she went up. "I will live, but I preferred when the monster bit the softskins."
Fergis chuckles a bit at her reaction. “Maybe they think yer tastier, eh?”, he says. “A bit like chicken, and a bit like fish?”

He takes out the white wand, and touches it to the bite mark.

OOC: Cure Light wand: 1d8+4 10
 

Dalillama

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: And now she's only as badly hurt as she was when we started. And really it's for the best withhe Gator. Someone more susceptible to drowning might've had trouble.
 

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: The crab gave you some nice attention, more more could you ask for...

The rowers at the riverside are relieved to see that their bosses have survived the battle, but note that Vomzisk is limping somewhat after the struggle.

A few more hours and the boat arrives at the town of Lake-in-the-Hills. More a miniature city than a town, with two avenues that align precisely with the axes of the worlds’ two suns. It is underpopulated given its small size. The plaza and broad avenues feel empty rather than bustling.

It is late afternoon. The boat can be stowed for free at a boathouse at the river docks, where it will be guarded by the town’s green-cloaked guards. The locals seem gruff -or perhaps it is just the green-robed police- but respond to questions concerning commerce.

The weaponsmith they seek runs a workshop far towards the east part of the city, near the temples end of the avenues, so they must walk the whole length of the place...

OOC: Make a Perception roll, pls, plus one only further roll if something comes to mind, to notice anything useful about the town.
Then please IC describe your gambit with the weaponsmith, who is an elderly lizardfolk smith, bent and blistered from decades of work over anvil and forge.


 

Mr The Geoff

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User
Shelly 31/31HP AC17

Shelly keeps her eyes open and her hands to herself, walking a couple of steps behind Vomzisk to make it clear with her body language that V is a respected officer and taking the lead in this current endeavour. She lets Vomzisk do the talking with the smith assuming, perhaps naively, that this will be a simple matter of asking a price and then handing over the gold.

OOC:
Perception (22)
 

Dalillama

Registered User
Validated User
Vomzisk greets the old fellow genially in the local tongue. "Good day, Uncle. I am a champion from the coast. I came here because it is well known that no-one up the coast nor over the sea can compare to your skills. I have come by a strong weapon, fallen into a sad condition, and I beg you will consent to fix it for me. As a token of my esteem, I present you with this debt-token of the river folk. They will deal more than fair with a lizard who holds this."

OOC: And that's a white elephant honourably disposed of.
Diplomacy: 20
Perception:12

 

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
Fergis is taken with the novelty of the place, so much so that he just drinks it all in, rather than looking at it critically.

OOC: Perception, Appraise: 1d20+7 9 1d20+6 7
 

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
As they pass through the plaza and along the avenue Shelly notices a variety of glances. Some seem to look at the humans with disgust, others with sadness. She also sees that the quarters to the south, slope side of the avenues have fallen into ruin. The building styles are subtly different to those on the north lakeside.

The weaponsmith speaks reasonable Plaza, and though he greets the customers unenthusiastically at first Vomsizk enthuses him with the project of restoring a fine old weapon. It will be a difficult job, he explains, costing between a hundred and six hundred pieces of eight depending on how lucky he is in the placement of teeth.

He warns the visitors that the weapon will always be fragile, but that it is usually easier to repair if its teeth are gathered up after a breakage (in this case, a few are missing).


OOC: the listing for the base weapon Is:
Macuahuitl5 gp1d61d819-20/x22 lbs.Sfragile
Fragile means that it breaks on a 1, but can usually be fixed with a smith roll...

Remember that the weapon is keen, so the critical threat range will be 18-20, pretty dangerous.


He asks the group if they are also visiting to rid the jungle of the wild folk who raid the city at night. The Ruler is keen for this work to be carried out by Cove Secret pirates, since the town by tradition and superstition has avoided killing of their savage human neighbours. There is a bounty of a belt of might* for this work.

OOC: the +2 version of this, affecting STR and CON.

When pressed about the nature of the humans and rumours of their lycanthropy , the smith and his assistants grow silent, clearly disgusted by the topic. Through discrete gestures and turns of phrase they suggest that the softskins have debased themselves to perhaps the lowest form of life imaginable, the s*i*er, the many-legged, the wall-weaver. The locals seem to have so many euphemisms for the animal that it clearly has near-taboo status.
 
Top Bottom