• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Pathfinder: Bound for the Monkey Islands

Dalillama

Validated User
"We have indeed come to deal with the softskin abominations. You must forgive my associates, they are coreligionists if a sort, and we make allowances for their shortcomings on that account. They won't hesitate to kill your foes, though. When we are done with them, I'll come back for the macahuitl and settle up."
OOC: 100 on the spot to get started with, from my personal funds
Eta: and healing my last injuries with my last spell slot of the day. Nobody's going hunting werethings til morning.

Last edited:

Mr The Geoff

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User
Shelly

"If these were-beasties hunt at night then perhaps it is best to hunt em down tomorrow in the daytime when they are asleep and in their lair."

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
Shelly

"If these were-beasties hunt at night then perhaps it is best to hunt em down tomorrow in the daytime when they are asleep and in their lair."
“Aye, struth”, says Fergis. He turns to the smith. “Any idea where that would be?”

Gamble Gold

Validated User
“In the upper jungle*”, he explains. “There is a...village there...”.

OOC:
*see map.
As a cultural note we can say that lizardfolk in general dont like arachnids. Talking about them, they superstitiously believe, is to increase the chances of encountering them. But these guys really don’t like them, perhaps because they live in such close proximity to jungle...

The conversation is interrupted by cloaked police, who enter the workshop to check that everything is safe.

The weaponsmith nods that the business is being conducted amicably and concerns a fine lizardfolk weapon, which he shows to the approving inspector.

The officer explains that there are comfortable resting places near the river docks, if the visitors wish to stay overnight. There is a hostel for river traders there which provides free fare at the town’s expense*. He speaks cordially enough, but addresses only Vomzisk.

OOC:
* nothing too creepy about this, since the lizardfolk urban culture is fairly civic and collectivist.

If the party mention that they are going to carry out the jungle attack, thepolice will be pleased and conduct them to more luxurious quarters.
If not, the party can repair to the river docks and the fairly spartan, but after all free, accommodation offered there..

Mr The Geoff

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User
OOC:
Shelly doesn't mention that they are off to kill the were-spiders unless it comes up in conversation due to the police being inquisitive like "what are a couple of humans doing coming here with no trade goods?"

Dalillama

Validated User
Vomzisk politely inquires after their health, and if they've personally faced the shapeshifters, have they any advice?

Gamble Gold

Validated User
OOC: I obv didn’t craft that post in way that was easy to respond to-maybe because Vomzisk was the only one who could speak. V still playing it cool here...

Dusk is falling as they walk back along the avenue to the river. Bats flutter and squeak in the air above the streets.

“The wilders? Eck, horrible, how can we fight with creatures who would debase themselves so? We know of course of werejaguars and werecrocodiles that need silvered weapons to kill. We presume the same is true of these. Their biggest defence is magic. Don’t the many-legs always resort to magic in the scriptures? Thus it is here. But the ruler, my clutch-brother, has forbidden any further efforts by our town company to attack them. He hopes indeed that doughty sailors from your settlement will arrive here and perform this deed. Our traditions forbid the killing of folk who were our neighbours. And if you were to aid us, it will show after all that there are decent humans as well as bad and that our towns can begin some commerce...”

“You yourselves should consider this mission. We see in your frames the mien of warriors. We will provide you with silvered weapons. And the prize, a belt of might, would grant the victors glory..”

The guards walk back with them, showing the sights and warning them off dangers. The ruined blocks of streets to the south are infested with vermin and ghouls , they explain, though sharp-eyed Shelley notices that in one larger building lights are burning, and guards are loitering in the street. The guards, surprised at the streetfightr’s perceptiveness explain that ghoul tunnels have been found in its basement and the place is closely guarded.

They return to the river docks. The hostel workers are brewing cauldrons of mash better suited to lizardfolk than human tastes, but the police captain orders that they make something palatable to the humans. Those in the hostel are mostly lizardfolk river traders, though there is a single alien, a grippli , who resembles Twitch so closely that the pirates wonder for a moment if he has not teleported into the place.

“Rest, but think tonight on the mission. You would bring great glory to yourself and your commune-city.”

OOC:

The grippli is an alt Twitch, who stinky can play if he’s ready to go. Until stinky embodies him, assume that he is a potion trader with business in the town...

Last edited:

Mr The Geoff

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User
Shelly

"I got no problem with mash, had to have all me meals mushed for a month the time that half-tusk broke me jaw. Bit o' wine soon washes the taste away"

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
Shelly

"I got no problem with mash, had to have all me meals mushed for a month the time that half-tusk broke me jaw. Bit o' wine soon washes the taste away"
“Wine it is, then”, says Fergis. He gets a pitcher of water, casts over it for a moment, and it turns deep red. He pours out a glass for each of them.

“This is your bailiwick, Vomzisk. What should we drink to?”

OOC: Casting Enhanced Water

Mr The Geoff

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User
Shelly is half way through getting her wineskin out of her pack and them puts it back away, the fine wine she brought from the Dragon can wait until after this pitcher is dealt with

Top Bottom