• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Pathfinder: Bound for the Monkey Islands

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
The party rise early, disturbed by the commotion of the river traders queuing for the breakfast of maize gruel and crunchy locust.

The grippli offers his boat and services (he has two grippli crew) to ferry the party to the north shore of Lower lake and wait for the party's return . He asks for 10 poe , a lot, but insists that he is losing out on trade...
OOC:
To be clear, if stinky manages to post in time for this cycle, he can play the grippli as a stand-in for Twitch...

So you are doing the raid, but not informing the authorities of your intention (perhaps sensing a trap?) ... I can see that this is 'safe' but can't see how you benefit from the expedition except from XPs and recovery of loot. Let me know otherwise (not much i can do to correct it in retcon).


...on the assumption that this is the plan , let's all do a climb roll DC12 to get to the 'high jungle' ungrazed, as well as three perception rolls to see if you are surprised by any encounters. One survival roll DC15 (by one character) is needed to keep the party on a steady course . I can always keep the rolls for later if you do decide to announce your services as killers...

You can figure out the route on the map- from the north shore of the lake to the high jungle. Lots of jungle, climbing by waterfalls and even a brief swim or two...
Spoiler: Show



 
Last edited:

Mr The Geoff

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User
Shelly

OOC:
I thought V covered that on the previous page when she was asking about the monsters. I mean none of us stood up, puffed our chests out and said "we'll kill your monster" but if everyone we talked to hasn;t worked out so far that we're going after the werespiders they must have rolled a natural 1 on their insight checks. I mean V literally asked them if they had any advice on how to face them.

I mean we literally discussed what the payment was going to be didn't we? Or do the Lizardmen have a special thing where yuou have to stand in the middle of town and proclaim like a town crier?

I mean if you want we can sing a shanty on our way out about how we're off to kill spiders but we were dancing around the word because we know the S word is taboo.
 

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: I'm sorry I've probably misunderstood the intention of Dali's last post (when she spoke to the police). There's no huge change to what happens now-only whether it's an official or unofficial expedition.
 

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
Fergis Delmari AC 17, HP 27/27

He asks for 10 poe , a lot, but insists that he is losing out on trade...
Fergis nods. “Let’s make it count, then, and no ditching us!”, he says. Turning to Shelly, he adds, “Take it from the Dragon’s hoard”

He focuses on his climbing, but as before, he is overwhelmed by the jungle primeval.

OOC: Climb, Perception 1, Perception 2, Perception 3: 1d20+9 28 1d20+7 9 1d20+7 13 1d20+7 9
 

Mr The Geoff

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User
Shelly

Shelly tries to keep paying attention but the dense jungle is new to her and she does not always succeed.

OOC:
Climb (16)
Perception, 20, 7, 17
 

Dalillama

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: I'd meant to contact the authorities formally before we left, just wasn't bothered about the quarters
Climb:14
Perception:27, 15, 25
Survival: 19
 
Last edited:

stinkyfool

Registered User
Validated User
Longleap the different but surprisingly familiar grippli
Longleap, a grippli who wears a harness similar to that of Twitch, looks about at the party. In fact, he bears a striking resemblance to Twitch, but is actually an inch shorter and with a strong red tint to his skin. He gives what the group now recognizes as a grippli grin as he asks, "So what'll it be? Need a boat for your journey?"

OOC:
Sorry to take so long,been hosting a two day meeting at work. Done now.
 

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: Rolling for longleap. Other rolls are initiative.


The adventurers clamber up to the middle lake without difficulty, their sea skills putting them in good stead for this task at least.

The jungle clusters thickly around the water side. Stabs of colour- red and blue orchids- show in the greeness. A fine mist hangs over the water, vapour from the falls or the steamy exhalation of the forest plants.

Spiders of every kind can be seen in the foliage. Some gross and hairy, others delicate and jewel-like. The pirates take care whenever they brush against a branch . But poor Fergis gives a start when he sees that a red-spotted arachnid has fallen onto his shirt.

OOC: I’ll treat as a trap, Fergis make a Reflex Save DC15 or take 2-12 poison damage.



As they clamber up near the second falls to the higher jungle they hear the noise of approaching feet. They arrive at the top of the cliff in time to receive the charge of a group of humans. They bear spears and clubs. Only their leader , with compound eyes and mandibles, seems spider-touched.

OOC:
Leader is AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +3 natural)
hp 37 Melee bite +8 (1d6 plus poison)

The other five humans are AC15, hps 12.
 
Last edited:

stinkyfool

Registered User
Validated User
Longleap AC:18 HP:29/29 Bombs Used:1

Seeing the unwelcome party approaching them, Longleap grabs a vial off his harness, fusses with it quickly and then hurls it at the spider-faced leader of the charge.

OOC:
Rolling to hit touch AC of 13 with +6
Oof, so that's a miss with a 10.
Dealing with a miss for the splash damage looks like a pain.. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Throw-Splash-Weapon
I am fine with however Gamble Gold Gamble Gold wants to handle that (skipping it or using some abbreviated version of the rules). Splash Damage is 4 with a reflex save DC13 for half damage. Will roll for direction if it is decided to use it -4
 
Last edited:

Dalillama

Registered User
Validated User
Vomzisk (36/36 AC 19)
Vomzisk is unimpressed by this showing, casually decapitating a spearman on her way towards the leader.

OOC: Attack: 16
Damage: 16
The last thing we need is the big guy to have flankers too.
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom