IC Pathfinder : Guild Adventurers

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
“Roight, let’s do ‘em”, says Yuck. He creeps toward the Tusks, his large, hob-nailed boots eerily quiet on the trail. When he gets close enough, he breaks into a lumbering sprint. As he chokes up on his club, he yells, “[Tusk]Catch me![/Tusk]”

OOC: Stealth, Charge (Power Attack), Damage: 1d20+6 18 1d20+6 24 1d10+9 17
 

RedNoseRudolph

The greatest reindeer.
Validated User
OOC: Stealth: 1d20+2 13


Jaer scowls at the group of creatures. He has encountered their kind before, during one of his walks around the village. They are the reason he always has a dagger on his person, the little monsters.

He tries to creep closer to the creatures, his posture low and his feet slow- but he steps atop a branch, cracking it and attracting the attention of the creatures. At least it won't matter now, he muses silently while the Tusker on their side charges his brethren (and wasn't that a surprise, the first time they met? He still remembers the way he almost froze the creature in his panic). With a small sigh, he brings his trusty crossbow to bear and shoots at the Tusk closer to him, ignoring the splattered remains of the one killed by Yuck with forced ease.

He'll have time to vomit... later, when he isn't fighting for his life.

OOC: To Hit - Crossbow: 1d20+2 20
Damage - Crossbow: 1d8 1


The bolt sails across the air, but it barely graces the thick skin of his target- Why? Oh... Yes, his hands are trembling something fierce, aren't they? Adrenaline has never been good to him.

Jaer swallows a small bit of hysterical laughter and shakes his head, trying to dispel the anxiety.
 
Last edited:

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: Stealth: 1d20+2 13


Jaer scowls at the group of creatures. He has encountered their kind before, during one of his walks around the village. They are the reason he always has a dagger on his person, the little monsters.

He tries to creep closer to the creatures, his posture low and his feet slow- but he steps atop a branch, cracking it and attracting the attention of the creatures. At least it won't matter now, he muses silently while the Tusker on their side charges his brethren (and wasn't that a surprise, the first time they met? He still remembers the way he almost froze the creature in his panic). With a small sigh, he brings his trusty crossbow to bear and shoots at the Tusk closer to him, ignoring the splattered remains of the one killed by Yuck with forced ease.

He'll have time to vomit... later, when he isn't fighting for his life.

OOC: To Hit - Crossbow: 1d20+2 20
Damage - Crossbow: 1d8 1


The bolt sails across the air, but it barely graces the thick skin of his target- Why? Oh... Yes, his hands are trembling something fierce, aren't they? Adrenaline has never been good to him.

Jaer swallows a small bit of hysterical laughter and, with a mental prod and a gesture of his hand, directs Kallin closer to the Tusks. Close enough so she can touch one of them without moving too much, but far enough to be hard to detect.

OOC: Stealth - Kallin: 1d20+14 16
OOC: what was Jaer’s stealth roll? It matters cos if the party keeps surprise you’ll get a full free surprise round prior to the first normal round..you don’t need to find a link to the roll, btw, just confirm that it was a fail....

I think the actions with the familiar will take place next round, btw, since you’ve attacked this’ un (we do get quite rulesey when in combat :) . Edit: having said that, you could have placed your bat before the shot, so let’s leave things be :)
 
Last edited:

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
OOC: what was Jaer’s stealth roll? It matters cos if the party keeps surprise you’ll get a full free surprise round prior to the first normal round..you don’t need to find a link to the roll, btw, just confirm that it was a fail....

I think the actions with the familiar will take place next round, btw, since you’ve attacked this’ un (we do get quite rulesey when in combat :) . Edit: having said that, you could have placed your bat before the shot, so let’s leave things be :)
OOC: It’s the 13 at the top of the post
 

RedNoseRudolph

The greatest reindeer.
Validated User
OOC: what was Jaer’s stealth roll? It matters cos if the party keeps surprise you’ll get a full free surprise round prior to the first normal round..you don’t need to find a link to the roll, btw, just confirm that it was a fail....

I think the actions with the familiar will take place next round, btw, since you’ve attacked this’ un (we do get quite rulesey when in combat :) . Edit: having said that, you could have placed your bat before the shot, so let’s leave things be :)
OOC:
Got an 11 in the d20. The link is here (or by pressing the word 'Stealth') http://orokos.com/roll/697903

Also... Yeah, sorry about that. I'm not used to PbP. Again, apologies.

Directing a familiar takes an Action, then?
 

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
OOC:
Oops! Sorry Rudolph. It was there the whole time-I just looked straight past that for some reason. So it looks like the tusks have been warned -this is a normal combat round and they'll respond this turn.

Some comments about the familiar in the OOC thread.
 
Last edited:

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: I’m going to ghost our Deadman and play the NPC metal to keep our daily post rate.



The tusk charged by the party’s Scout is cleaved down instantly, its skull smashed.

The party’s Deadman is no great fighter, but knows that with his chain shirt, and faith-blessed habit, few strokes can harm him. He hurries forward with spear levelled to meet one one of the tusks.

Sly Frost also advances. A self-preserving fellow, he locks his axe with a tusk enemy, but seems simply to block the brute, not risking an all-out attack!

The tusks seize their jagged-bladed axes and return the blows. None connect!

OOC:
T#2 has taken 1 damage from the crossbow. T#3 and T#4 are unharmed.

Frost, the naughty fellow, is doing a total defence move to add +4 to his AC. Metals are supposed to eliminate enemies in melee but some are sly and defensive!

Round two. Party’s turn!
 
Last edited:

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
Yuck grins with satisfaction at the sound of the cracked skull. He turns to the one next to him, swinging his club in a flat arc, and getting under the Tusk’s guard.

OOC: Attacking T2

Attack, Damage: 1d20+5 22 1d10+6 12
 

RedNoseRudolph

The greatest reindeer.
Validated User
Jaer, his hands still shaking, recharges his crossbow with a new bold and takes aim.

"Deep breathes, Jaer," he murmurs to himself, "they are far away. Far, far away."

OOC: Attack T#2
To Hit - Crossbow: 1d20+2 5
FAILS!


Unfortunately, the Tusk in question turned in his general direction and let's out an angry howl, startling Jaer into firing his bolt too early. The shots goes wide, and the shaking gets worse.

"Not far away, it seems." He comments faintly to himself, and then takes cover behind a nearby tree. Maybe, if they don't see him, they'll forget about him?

OOC: ... Ok, new canon! Jaer is deeply terrified of Tusks. A trauma of his childhood, probably. That's why he's failing so much, fear and panic.
 

stinkyfool

Registered User
Validated User
Malkin shifts and strikes out at the nearest standing Tusk, hoping to end this as quickly as he can. However, there is a strong burst of confusion in the battle, and a solid strike is difficult to land.

OOC:
1d20: 8 [1d20=8], so thinking that is not good enough
1d6: 2 [1d6=2], damage just in case....which doesn't do much, need to think up something else
Sorry for being slow, a little extra family hauling over the weekend...
 
Top Bottom