• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Pathfinder : Guild Adventurers

jamieth

Registered User
Validated User
"Oh well, that's his choice to make..." Leanna shrugs. Of course, she didn't have that much time to get familiar with the Metal... Looking around, Spark focuses, of course, on any magical auras that might be present in the church.
OOC: Casting Detect Magic
 

Max

A dapper chap without a doubt
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Alita's too busy examining the repurposed temple to even notice Frost's hasty departure.

"This is so interesting, guys! Look, that's the actual Seventh Star of Virtue still there, they just plastered over it to turn it into this, well, this starfish kind of thing, I don't think it even has any real significance beyond ornamentation." Something else catches her eye and she all but goes squee! in delight. "And just look at that scrollworked skeleton! That's the Drowned Man, I think, the Messenger of the Deep - see, those cute gold leaf motifs represent the entangling seaweed that animates him. A bit gross, yes... Oh, but look over there!"

 
Last edited:

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
Alita confirms that the Skull Church is typical of its cult. Portraying itself as a lawful and non-evil, it promised its parishioners rest after death and marked them so that they could not be animated by Necromancers of the Pirates’ evil cults. Elders in the church undertook mysteries to increase in ‘grade’ and learn more sectrets. Her personal belief is that the Skull Church did not start as evil, but was co-opted to keep the captive population docile during the Conquest. Worse, elements of the darker Necromancer religion were introduced into Church mysteries to make it a pathway into more wicked religion.

But as she considers these things, Dasten mutters something. The altar has been trapped so as to prevent tampering with the paraphernalia placed on it. Something nasty he needs to disarm.

Leanna detects that one of the items on the altar, a dust-filled chalice, is magical.

OOC: Disable Device, unknown DC...
 

Medley

Asking for it
Banned
Validated User
OOC: Sorry about that. Was busy all day yesterday.


Coming upon the altar, Dasten sees the chalice that he is told is magical, which, come on, has at least a 50% chance to be cursed to Hel and back, pirates have no subtlety. But to get at it requires his particular set of skills. He lays out his masterwork thieves' tools and sets to work, with Yuck looming very close by and providing assistance with the mechanism.

 

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
Dasten is surprised to see the care with which the altar was protected. The trap he has defused is the notorious bone box, able to fill a 10’ radius with slivers of sharpened bone. He shivers as he unhinges a side of the box to reveal dozens of tightly packed boney projectiles.

OOC:
CR4 trap disarmed.

The chalice can be identified with the detect magic spell, roll spellcraft DC21 to identify its function.

Malkin and Alita can do some ceremonial stuff to reclaim the ancient altar for the Angels.


As the party’s divines attend to business of sacrament, the rest have a chance to enjoy some morning sunshine. As they gaze towards the village, they see a halfling dashing out from the village on a tiny pony. The messenger is headed for the empty Keep.
 

Medley

Asking for it
Banned
Validated User
Look at that, a bone box! No subtlety, these pirates. No panache. He wonders if he can keep it. Then, heading outside, he spots the halfling headed for the keep, doubtless too far away to catch up with.

"I suppose we'll need a chamberlain to receive visitors for us while we're out," he says, before the shock of how awfully aristocratic those words are can hit him. "Anyone have a way to catch that fellow?"
 
Last edited:

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Yona wanders over at Dasten's exclamation of success. "Good job! ...what's that, a box of bones? Is that even dangerous? Weird."

She squints at the chalice.

OOC: 16 spellcraft.

How far is the halfling? If within 480 feet, Yona could use auditory halluciation to make them hear "this way". If further, she might be able to put a visual illusion in their cone of sight, pointing to us. Or if the geometry works out, the cheaper Dancing Lights spell with the lights indicating us.
 

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
Look at that, a bone box! No subtlety, these pirates. No panache. He wonders if he can keep it. Then, heading outside, he spots the halfling headed for the keep, doubtless too far away to catch up with.

"I suppose we'll need a chamberlain to receive visitors for us while we're out," he says, before the shock of how awfully aristocratic those words are can hit him. "Anyone have a way to catch that fellow?"
Yuck scratches his chin, and farts thoughtfully. “Maybe leave a bucket by the door?”, he suggests. “For messages an’ such?”
 

jamieth

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: Spellcraft to identify the chalice: 1d20+9 10
Seriously
Leanna looks at the enchanted chalice, completely stumped about its purpose. Apparently classical education in magic leaves out a good deal of practical things...

"A courier?" she asks, without much care, "well, if he wants to see us that much, he'll surely wait for us to return... that said, if its actually something important, we probably could hurry, I guess?"
 

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: The box could be collected, but not perhaps at this moment.

Let me know if you’re bringing the chalice along or not...unless clearly stated...not.


Something, perhaps a courier’s instinct to check whether they are being followed, urges the small rider to swivel and scan the road behind him. Seeing the flash of brown face Yona shoots up the blinking indicator. The halfling slows, amazed, then begins to ride over.

When he arrives on the scene he explains that some villagers have vanished. The owner of The Moon and two of her retainers , as well as a halfling burglar called Tem Arrow. Their disappearance troubles the villagers, who have sent the rider to the Keep for help.

OOC: You’ll need to investigate at the nearby village to find out more. Roll just one of survival, diplomacy, notice, etc. to determine your success at investigating the scene or talking to relevant folk: one or more of remaining Moon staff, Tem Arrow’s family, nightwatchman, a shifty poacher who slides out of the tavern when you arrive...
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom