• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Pathfinder : Guild Adventurers

Medley

Asking for it
Banned
Validated User
OOC: Oh, I did grab one flask of alchemist's fire, but I used the listed price of on the SRD of 20 GP/bs instead of 50 GP/bs.

Swim fins give +10 to swimming speed, but reduce land walking speed to 0, and need five rounds to remove. Flotation devices give +1 to swim.


Dasten takes the waterproof bags, flotation devices, and swim fins he bought and distributes them to everyone. He also gives Yona six of the fire arrows, keeping the other half to distribute later.

He's been asking around the hamlet for information about the scrag and tries to recall it now. He's a quick study, and the halflings good teachers.

OOC: Knowledge (Nature): 1d20+3 21
 

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
"Ooh, thanks Dasten. Do I owe you for these... oh, a favor from the Guildhouse? Neat."

Yona had spent 100 of her own silver on two flasks of fire, grumbling about the high prices.

In private, she experiments with the ring of protection that Penhen had pressed upon her. It seems to exert a faint force, making it marginally harder to touch herself with her own knife. Given the cost of such things, she feels unimpressed; the mithril coat Dasten gave her is far more useful, if somewhat heavier.
 

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
Yuck scratches his chin, trying to think of where he saw scrags before, or at least something like them.

OOC: Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20+4 16
 

Medley

Asking for it
Banned
Validated User
Back in the keep... Leanna proves that she still has some of the Noble quirks within her, as she decided that the thing her room needs the most, first things first, is a bath. Not just a small one, either, a massive structure that would allow someone of her size to stretch out comfortably. As for the way to fil that? Well, she hoped Dasten could help.
As the preparations continue, Dasten remembers hearing this mentioned.

"You need help to fill a bath, Leanna?" Dasten scratches the back of his head, a puzzled expression on his face.

"Well, I think I heard the housekeeper mention that they pump the water right from the river into a boiler room, and from there it's pumped into each of our rooms...is it that you need someone to pump it for you? Or do you need someone to snake your pipes?" Dasten rubs his chin thoughtfully. "I suppose I could give it a look, but Yuck's really the one who's good with his hands. It's more knowledge about traps and snatches and the like, but still more than I know. Should I ask him to pay your room a visit sometime tonight, before we're underway tomorrow morning? Though I guess it'll depend on how near he'd like to get to a bath, first..."
 
Last edited:

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
Hightops Town Hall

The majestic peaks of the Great Range loom over the turrets and roofs of the mountain town. Less grandiose than Palace City, but with its own grim splendour, the town is a hub of trade for iron miners, metal smiths and herders of shaggy mountain cattle. In the sprawling granite town hall it is a lanky human, and no halfling for once, that greets the party. He reads their credentials.

“ Good, good. I congratulate, you, Gravediggers, on receiving your full certification from the Guild. It is well that you have arrived, as we have only fledgling parties staying at the Guildhouse. Good to take on an ogre, perhaps, but not for serious jobs.”

“ This one is off the books. Cattle village across in the Rainroot Crags. Called High Pen. It’s been wiped out. Courier came day before yesterday and says the place has been turned into a slaughter house. Corpses devoured as if by great beasts. We’ve closed the roads into the place down. Turned out the militia in neighbouring places. Ordered a Boat Strike.”

“But the Champions are elsewhere, both boats engaged. I’ll tell you the truth. I’ve been sent a message to wait. Not to engage. But we have to do something. See at least if there are any survivors. You can blame me if anyone catches you there, but there could be trouble if a Flying Boat did arrive.”

“You are low on funds? Good, then I’ll make it worth your while. 3000 coins. And you keep everything you find.”

Funds are indeed low. The sojourn in Palace City undergoing Guild training was expensive and the year’s income from the estate has yet to materialise. There’s glory, too, in being asked to carry out a special mission by a town hall.
 
Last edited:

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
Yuck’s brow furrows at the clerk’s account, his mouth hanging open in shock. “‘At’s a horror, ‘at is!”, he says. “A whole town, gone? Wot can do sumpin’ like ‘at?”

He ponders a bit. “Dis courier, he see anyfing else?”

OOC: Thinking of something that could have come up from below.

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20+4 8
 

stinkyfool

Registered User
Validated User
Malkin nods in agreement with Yuck, and adds, "Is the courier still here? What's the travel time to Rainroot Crags?"
 

jamieth

Registered User
Validated User
Leanna bites her lip. She isn't overly concerned about the money, of course, but... Yuck's right. Something that could do something like this...
"Let's hurry. If there are survivors... they might not be survivors for much longer."
 

Gamble Gold

Registered User
Validated User
Neither Yuck nor Leanna gain inspiration from their reflections on dungeon lore. But Leanna has a vivid recollection of her studies of this area and its rugged typology.

Only a single track, cut from boulders and stone, runs the length of the Rainroot Crags. The route links four highland settlements:

Mossy Rocks, on the branch of the high road and the mountain trail. A substantial human and dwarven settlement. The latter mine a diminishing brightsilver vein.
Triple Peaks, a cattle village like High Pen, but with a distillery and wool making workshop
High Pen , the afflicted village.
Eagle Heights: at the end of the line, the location of an isolated Wizards’ observatory

There is only one fast way to the place. Take the high road to Mossy Rocks and follow the highland trail out along the twisted peaks of the Crags.
 

stinkyfool

Registered User
Validated User
Malkin nods in thanks to the human speaking to them and asks, "What is the weather like between here and there?"

His mind is running through gear to pick up, maybe a warmer cloak, some gloves, rope, a grappling hook, perhaps boot spikes or a climbing axe....and definitely check on light sources and a good flint and tinder...

OOC: Just curious, and fighting a head cold so sorry if I missed something, but this is a Guild person steering us to this right?
 
Top Bottom