• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Pathfinder: rumors in the style of unknown armies.

DoctorWildstorm

Shaman of the Earth
Validated User
Golarion is such a strange,wonderful, terrible place. Let's put some little plot hooks and quirks and mind shattering revelations here, shall we?

Drow Skin? That jet or blue or purple inky black? It's not natural.
My crew and I were down deep, getting relics some dwarf priest thought might have been left behind.
We were running low. Decided to risk infiltrating a drow city to buy supplies. Our wizard said he was an expert on them. Put up an illusion to get us in.
The kids were deeper in, a safer part of the city. they were all normal damn elf colors!
Then we saw the ceremony. A fiend poofs in and unrolls a scroll. Surrounded by happy family and beamin' his head off, the kid pricks his finger on the pen and signs. Quick as a blink he's the same as the rest and the scroll is white.
The skin. It's a contract!

DocShoveller

Godwin's Lawman
Validated User
Iomedae doesn't want the Worldwound closed. Think about it. See Lastwall - like a whole nation of Iomedae followers sitting around "just in case" Tar-Baphon escapes? See Mendev - another whole nation of Iomedae followers "containing" a demon invasion. What do we reckon, is another Runelord going to conveniently wake up so that Varisia can become a militaristic theocracy too? What about Razmir? He probably needs containing.

I'm telling you, in a hundred years, everything north of the Five Kings Mountains is gonna be ruled by paladins. After that... well, Cheliax has got a big red sign painted on, dunnit?

DoctorWildstorm

Shaman of the Earth
Validated User
The way I heard it, there a general who got cursed. She's supposed to die one day after the Wound closes, never see the peace she fought for. Problem is, the demon realized how long it would take, so it put an anti-aging enchantment in the curse. After a few years, she realized that part of it. The seal has been ready for years, waiting on her say-so.

DocShoveller

Godwin's Lawman
Validated User
Pathfinder Society? Aspis Consortium?

Two wings of the same organisation, mate. 'course, the rank and file don't know that, so they get in each other's way.

DoctorWildstorm

Shaman of the Earth
Validated User
I heard the priests of Pharasma in absalom are offering a steady gig for damn near any entertainer. They've got a big magic mirror rigged up to project the sound and image of whats in front of it. They're paying anyone half decent to play for the souls waiting in line in the Boneyard.

The dwarves came up to the surface and the orcs followed. You ever wonder what they were runnin from?

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Iomedae doesn't want the Worldwound closed. Think about it. See Lastwall - like a whole nation of Iomedae followers sitting around "just in case" Tar-Baphon escapes? See Mendev - another whole nation of Iomedae followers "containing" a demon invasion. What do we reckon, is another Runelord going to conveniently wake up so that Varisia can become a militaristic theocracy too? What about Razmir? He probably needs containing.

I'm telling you, in a hundred years, everything north of the Five Kings Mountains is gonna be ruled by paladins. After that... well, Cheliax has got a big red sign painted on, dunnit?
I actually had an adventure idea around that: That Geryon and Sifkesh teamed up to get this writer to produce a pamphlet which theorized that iomadae killed Aroden to ursurp his position as the God of Humanity, but fucked it up and doomed the human race to slow destruction and collapse from various horrors. Its so magically convincing that anyone who reads it instantly believes it. It wreaked havoc around Avistan until the worshipers of a bunch of vary Empyreal lords rounded up all the copies and burned them, and locked up the final copy in a library for forbidden works.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
See, everyone thinks that humans are the average ones right? No special magic powers or nothing. But that's not true, secret is that EVERYONE finds humans hotter than Sarenrae and they can have kids with all of them, and all that leads to sorcerers and half dragons and shit. It's all a conspiracy yeah? Steal everyone else's powers for themselves!

Aegypto

Treelicious
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Age of Glory did start on Cheliax on 4606 and continues to this day. Aroden was Asmodeus in disguise.

Top Bottom