• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Persona 5 is great and you should play it

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
- Relentlessly stylish
- Great music
- Much improved dungeons
- Uses the hell out of Tokyo as a setting
- Morgana best non-human Persona character

But the protagonist is desperately in need of a haircut

I *finally* finished it after months and months (my Japanese is not nearly good enough to mainline a game), and I don't know if I *love* it as much as P4, but it's much cooler.

I take no responsibility for anything in dialogue that makes it actually terrible, the bits I understood were great.

Tambourine

Spirit Princess
Validated User
But the protagonist is desperately in need of a haircut
He's fighting the system, man! You can't get a haircut while fighting the system.

All I've heard so far of P5 makes me really hope that somebody throws around enough weight/money for the game to get a PC port.

Last edited:

Catharsis Cat

Live Action Anime Girl
Validated User
I am hoping it has different types of physical attacks this time around again. And I am hoping for better character variety/balance too. (it was an issue with 4, but I believe golden improved it)

BUt I actually have payed 0 attention to any news of this. Which is probably good so I can be surprised.

But not good in that I don't actually have a PS3 or 4. It's tempting to get one and just borrow a system though.

Last edited:

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
There are two types of physics damage, every character has access to both with melee and guns. So sometimes something is resisting everything you throw at it until you remember to shoot :)

Edit: can't help you with character balance, stuck to An/Makoto/Morgana the whole game

Last edited:

Catharsis Cat

Live Action Anime Girl
Validated User
There are two types of physics damage, every character has access to both with melee and guns. So sometimes something is resisting everything you throw at it until you remember to shoot :)

Edit: can't help you with character balance, stuck to An/Makoto/Morgana the whole game
That's good. reminds me of other shin megami tensei games.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I will note if you want to *use* multiple characters there are Social Link bonuses that make this much easier, allowing hot swapping and full XP for your backline.

Catharsis Cat

Live Action Anime Girl
Validated User
I will note if you want to *use* multiple characters there are Social Link bonuses that make this much easier, allowing hot swapping and full XP for your backline.
This greatly increases my interest.

In 4 scaling xp probably would have made it too hard to swap between characters, but I never bothered.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
Have to say that having a sub option I'm more likely to give it a try.

PenguinZero

Wark!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've been considering this the game that will sell me a PS4 for quite a while now. Once I'm done with my taxes, I plan to pick one up, along with P5 and probably Horizon Zero Dawn.

Mind you, I've got a huge backlog of games on Steam, too, but, well, some games just lure you in.

Top Bottom