• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Personal gaming milestones reached

Crazy Jerome

Retired User
As of sometime this week, I have been a roleplayer twice as long as I have not. By an odd coincidence of how I have split my time between games, that also makes me a D&D player for 1/3 of my life--or half my gaming life.

What gaming milestones have you reached recently? :cool:

14thWarrior

The Big Hippie
Validated User
October 2008 marked my 20th anniversary as a gamer. I started gaming ata relatively old age, in comparison to many of my gamer friends; I was 17yo, and in high school, when I started gaming.

I started with AD&D 1st edition, way back in October of 1988. Over the years, many different games have been played; and my gaming philosophies and outlook has changed significantly, especially now that I'm a father with young kids.

Nevertheless, gaming is my passion, and as a hobby, I won't be stopping any time soon.

daHob

Hobgoblin of Joy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Now that you mention it, this year will mark 30 years of gaming.

Wow.

Keldrin

Undead pumpkinhead
Validated User
Now that you mention it, this year will mark 30 years of gaming.
Wow.
Holy Moly! I just realized reading that,"me too", wow indeed.

we are old, man. :p

p.s. started gaming when I was 17, last year of H.S. back in '78 (for statistical purposes only, not grognard points ).

Lauren

Social Justice Druid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh yeah? Well I was born with a D20 in one hand and a can of Mt. Dew in the other.
Where were your Cheetos?

This will only be my 7th year as a gamer, but I've been consistenly happy with my experiences and haven't met any catpissmen, which is possibly an achievement in its own right.

Keldrin

Undead pumpkinhead
Validated User
Where were your Cheetos?

This will only be my 7th year as a gamer, but I've been consistenly happy with my experiences and haven't met any catpissmen, which is possibly an achievement in its own right.
You only get one, Cheetohs or Mt. Dew at chargen. :p
And wait 'til you hit year 9, you will learn young one, you will learn *cue ominous music and/or maniacal laughter*.

Fugitive Unknown

Validated User
As of may I'll have been playing RPG's for 4/5ths of my life.

I think I'm at a milestone that I can conclusively say that I have made a firm commitment never to play a vampire LARP ever again.

Of course, I've done that before...

Top Bottom