IC Persy the Vampire Slayer (Part 5)

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
OOC: Dex 2 + Roll 6 = 8. Oh...crap.....

Deamon

Validated User
OOC: Dex 7 + Roll 7 = 14 does Kelly get enough successes to help Latima?

Thane of Fife

Validated User
OOC: Dex 7 + Roll 7 = 14 does Kelly get enough successes to help Latima?
If you like, I'll let you tackle Latima to the ground to protect her, but it will mean dropping your spear over the edge.

Deamon

Validated User
Kelly lunges towards Latima and then stops as she realises she'll lose the spear if she keeps going and that spear is the only thing with enough reach to hit the damned thing.
OOC: Sorry Latima's on her own, I think Kelly really needs that spear. Doesn't Latima get a bonus from the quest?

Last edited:

Thane of Fife

Validated User
Kelly lunges towards Latima and then stops as she realises she'll lose the spear if she keeps going and that spear is the only thing with enough reach to hit the damned thing.
OOC: Sorry Latima's on her own, I think Kelly really needs that spear. Doesn't Latima get a bonus from the quest?
OOC: That's true; Latima should be acting at Dexterity 4, which would be a pass.

Latima and Kelly turn away just in time to avoid the spray from the demon. As they turn back, it's dropping off the cliff face and plunging toward them.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Latima cut down with the machete, " Big bug! You can die now."

OOC: dex 4 + Get Med 3 + Roll 5 = 12.

Deamon

Validated User
Kelly tries to take in all the factors at once then puts the spear at an angle and holds it as strongly as possible. If she's got this right its what somebody called set versus charge, then the monstrous centipede should impale itself.
[ OOC] Dex 7 + GM 4 + Roll 10 = 21 [/OOC]

Thane of Fife

Validated User
Latima cut down with the machete, " Big bug! You can die now."

OOC: dex 4 + Get Med 3 + Roll 5 = 12.
Kelly tries to take in all the factors at once then puts the spear at an angle and holds it as strongly as possible. If she's got this right its what somebody called set versus charge, then the monstrous centipede should impale itself.
[ OOC] Dex 7 + GM 4 + Roll 10 = 21 [/OOC]
OOC: Unfortunately, by the time Kelly and Latima recover from dodging the poison, the bug is already on the ground, so I'm going to treat Kelly's attack as just a normal attack.

Kelly jabs out with the spear even as the bug lunges at her - the weapon jabs into the creature's upper body, neatly slipping through a chink in its exoskeleton, and Kelly is just barely able to use the weapon's length to hold its snapping mandibles at bay.

Latima brings her machete down on the creature's back while its distracted and severs the back half of its body. It sprays out a disgusting black ichor and collapses.

OOC: Dodge by Kelly: Roll 6

Top Bottom