IC Persy the Vampire Slayer (Part 5)

Thane of Fife

Validated User
Coach's face bears a look of utter disbelief as the two girls finish her off. Her body flops back down in the dirt.

"Bravo," says the leader of the other demons. "You've had your revenge. Now run, before we finish you off."

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Latima regarded the demons carefully, breathing heavy from her exertions and admitting to herself that is was still a bit different when you could have a conversation with the thing you were killing and how she wasn't really sure how she felt about that......

" Run? From you lot? Why?", Latima said with feigned confusion.....she hoped the girls were almost at the portal or already through but didn't want to take the risk of looking in case one of the demons followed her eyeline....

Deamon

Validated User
Kelly stands relaxed the spear in one hand spear butt down on the ground. "Why? There's only 6 of you."

Thane of Fife

Validated User
The demons don't seem to like that. "Beasts should know their betters," growls the leader. He and the other five demons advance to attack, their swords at the ready.

Well, if you were trying to distract them, it worked!

Deamon

Validated User
The demons don't seem to like that. "Beasts should know their betters," growls the leader. He and the other five demons advance to attack, their swords at the ready.
Kelly takes up a fighting stance. "Yes, you should." She'll wait till they're just out of their hitting range then launch a hard stab at one flanked by two others. She'll then hit the ones on either side with a blow from the spear using it like a quarterstaff.

OOC: I believe I still have drama points 2 for Righteous Fury.
Dex 7 + GM 4 + RF 5 + roll 6 = 22/20/18.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Latima slashed out at the attacking demons her teeth gritted, " We've got this.....right, Kelly?"

OOC: Dex 2 + Get Med 3 + Roll 2 + DP 10 = 17

Thane of Fife

Validated User
Kelly takes up a fighting stance. "Yes, you should." She'll wait till they're just out of their hitting range then launch a hard stab at one flanked by two others. She'll then hit the ones on either side with a blow from the spear using it like a quarterstaff.

OOC: I believe I still have drama points 2 for Righteous Fury.
Dex 7 + GM 4 + RF 5 + roll 6 = 22/20/18.
Latima slashed out at the attacking demons her teeth gritted, " We've got this.....right, Kelly?"

OOC: Dex 2 + Get Med 3 + Roll 2 + DP 10 = 17
Kelly springs into action just as the demons get in close, She drives her spear into the first of them (clean through his mail armor), then whips it up and about, clobbering the two demons to either side of him. All three are sent to the ground.

Less than a second later, Latima plunges her machete into the chest of one of the demons. He lets out a guttural moan and collapses, sliding off of her blade to the ground, unconscious or dead.

The leader of the demons suddenly lunges at Kelly from her flank, and she only barely manages to avoid the point of his sword. On the other side of the two, the last of the non-leaders slashes at Latima. Latima is not so quick or able to dodge as Kelly is, even here, and she takes a nasty hit from the blade, though, amazingly, she keeps her feet (assuming she retains consciousness!).

OOC: Kelly dodges the leader's attack at 17 with a roll of 7 + Dex 7 + Kung Fu 5 = 19. Latima rolls a 6 + Dex 4 + Get Med 3 = 13, which is just shy of dodging a 14. That's 21 damage doubled to 42(!) for being slash/stab.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Latima gasped as the blade slid into her abdomen and she felt a coldness in her belly; she forced herself to remain standing and lashed out with her blade desperately.

OOC: Using Last Drama Point for I think I'm Ok to bring her back to 22 LP otherwise she's at -12. Dex 2 + Get Med 3 + Roll 9 = 14

Deamon

Validated User
Kelly grins at Latima then her face pales as she sees Latima's wound. And she throws herself at the Leader with the intent of doing grievous bodily.
OOC: Dex 7 + GM 4 + RF 5 + roll 9 = 25/23/21 attempting to kill leader

Thane of Fife

Validated User
Latima gasped as the blade slid into her abdomen and she felt a coldness in her belly; she forced herself to remain standing and lashed out with her blade desperately.

OOC: Using Last Drama Point for I think I'm Ok to bring her back to 22 LP otherwise she's at -12. Dex 2 + Get Med 3 + Roll 9 = 14
Kelly grins at Latima then her face pales as she sees Latima's wound. And she throws herself at the Leader with the intent of doing grievous bodily.
OOC: Dex 7 + GM 4 + RF 5 + roll 9 = 25/23/21 attempting to kill leader
Latima swings hard and fast and her blade bursts through the demon's mail and sends him down to one knee. At the same time, the demon punches out with his sword - Latima just barely avoids taking the blow in the face.

OOC: Demon still alive but knocked down; Latima dodges with another roll of 9.

Kelly lashes out with her spear, trying to drive it deep into the leader's body, but he fends off her blows one after another as his three companions, whom Kelly knocked down but didn't kill, rise to their feet and prepare to rejoin the fight.

OOC: The demon leader spends a drama point to block Kelly's attacks. But he's on Full Defense, so he doesn't get to hit back.

Top Bottom