• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Peter Capaldi's Doctor

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
He was definitely underdeveloped and too-soon discarded, but I liked it more than not that they threw in a character who would never sign up to go about wacky adventures Doctor-style, but who was no less a valuable ally and outstanding person in his own right.
I will agree that we were supposed to see him as a valuable ally and outstanding person, for sure.

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
Yeah, honestly that was a lot of my frustration with the character - it was a great idea, and a wonderful actor, but just didn't get carried out well.
Quoted for truth concerning Danny Pink. Good concept and great actor? Hell, yeah. Horribly executed to the point I didn't give two hits when he died? Also hell yeah.

moondog548

Zip Zap Zoop!
Validated User
Quoted for truth concerning Danny Pink. Good concept and great actor? Hell, yeah. Horribly executed to the point I didn't give two hits when he died? Also hell yeah.
Danny Pink in Cyberman voice: "I have to go now. My people need me." [slowly and awkwardly flies off into the sky]

Text Cut-in: "PINKY DIED ON THE WAY BACK TO HIS PLANET"

Zenio

Validated User
I am just going say that every single one of you here that thinks that the Capaldi era wasn't one of the absolute high points of Doctor Who, should really read this series of essays found right here. It will completely change your vision on Doctor Who if you are a fan and will make you realize that Paradise Towers and Kill the Moon are among it's best episodes and that Clara is the best Who companion ever.

Beyond Reality

Validated User
I am just going say that every single one of you here that thinks that the Capaldi era wasn't one of the absolute high points of Doctor Who, should really read this series of essays found right here. It will completely change your vision on Doctor Who if you are a fan and will make you realize that Paradise Towers and Kill the Moon are among it's best episodes and that Clara is the best Who companion ever.
I...I assume this is sarcastic? Because as soon as I looked at the kill the moon essay my brain screamed in fear at the sheer word count wasted on it.

Tom B

Validated User
I actually really liked Clara. Her arc was different than any other companion. The other companions were that...companions. Clara wanted to be more, she wanted to be proactive in the way the Doctor was...but without his experience and knowledge. As was proper...that didn't work out for her. She's alive now only because of the lengths to which the Doctor went in order to save her. We don't know how that will end, and I would be interested in seeing what happens with Clara and Me. But, the reason I liked her was that she was confident, had goals, and tried to achieve them. She was willing to accept the consequences when she failed.

Top Bottom