• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Photoshop] Rpg motivational posters [NSFW] The Thread Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaming Geek

Thinking with Portals
Validated User
You know...I need to make a poster. Something saying "You want to offer a challenge to us? Here's the thread", and link the "Ever want to share a picture" thread.

But I'd end up using it as often as you see "Take it to Tangency" show up. :p

Tyger42

Too white and nerdy
Validated User
Except that "anthropomorphic" literally means "shaped like a human". The key syllable is "morph".
This is one of the cases where breaking down into its parts doesn't provide a full and accurate definition.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anthropomorphic

Using the American Heritage definition from that site, though all of them agree:

an·thro·po·mor·phism (ān'thrə-pə-môr'fĭz'əm) Pronunciation Key
n. Attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to inanimate objects, animals, or natural phenomena.

an'thro·po·mor'phic adj., an'thro·po·mor'phi·cal·ly adv., an'thro·po·mor'phist n.
So, ANY human quality attached to a non-human thing makes it anthropomorphic. Not JUST appearance/shape. Garfield is anthropomorphic. This would also include referring to one's car as "she". :p

Anyway, apologies for continuing the derail. Hopefully it's done now. I just get irked at how many people have been convinced by various trolls of a wrong and stereotyped meaning to "furry" and "anthropomorphic".

Last edited:

FeudalMan

Retired User
ttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/Opalkire/escalat.jpg

That reminds me strongly of a black humour joke (not sure if in english that's also "black"):

Latest news: A unmanned cargo airplane crashed in Nairobi's cemetery. So far the rescue teams have found four thousand deads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom