[Planescape] What are the Top 3 Best Planescape products?

Sangrolu

Social Justice Ninja
Validated User
Going a slightly different path, I recommend Uncaged: Faces of Sigil.
I very nearly went back and edited my post to shove that one in somewhere. The style of mapping out the power structures of the city and letting that drive the action is very much in line with my style.

Liberator

Rollin' Dice
Validated User
I'm reading 'Dead Gods' right now and it's blowing me away.

I have this nagging idea to make it a d20 modern adventure....

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Did WotC ever sell PDFs of most of these? I know they did for some 2ed books...

Liberator

Rollin' Dice
Validated User
Yep, just go to the rpgnow or drivethrurpg.

That's the only way I can really afford to be reading Dead Gods right now. :)

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thanks, that's good to know :)

(Although I do have a friend thinking of unloading his Planescape material too...)

Pete Whalley

Has Destrucity!
Validated User
I'm a big fan of the Planewalker's Handbook. Not only does it lay out loads of concise info on Sigil and the planes, but it just oozes flavour and adventure hooks.
The monster manuals always held a special place in my heart- but then again I'm a sucker for monster books.

Also, the Great Modron March is a fun adventure, not least because
Spoiler: Show
It brought the mighty Orcus back to D&D

Thanatos02

Defective and Terrified
Validated User
I love Planescape with a passion. And now, I have a new goal.
To pick up Planescape pdfs as soon as I can afford to dump money on as many as I can find.

greuh

is bad for your health.
Validated User
What are the top 3 best Planescape products and why? I'd prefer print products, I think most of us know how awesome Torment is already.

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the Factol's Manifesto and Planes of Order/Chaos myself, mostly because they expanded the setting while providing lots of nifty ideas.
Factol's Manifesto, In The Cage, Uncaged for me.
greuh.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Also, the Great Modron March is a fun adventure, not least because
Spoiler: Show
It brought the mighty Orcus back to D&D
Also: Modrons.

I loved the recent Dragon magazine with Modrons, it added more to the aftermath of the event (at least, more I hadn't seen before).

Kid Twist

Validated User
Favorite three products, huh? Lemme think....

1) Planescape boxed set. It was the perfect hook for me--great art, intriguing world, and a bunch of new options. Classic.

2) In the Cage. My favorite quality about Planescape was that no matter how detailed the setting got, it felt like there was always more to explore and room to add your own stuff.

3) The Planewalker's Handbook. It was a great book to hand to new players who wanted to act more like someone in the know. Great detail again.

Top Bottom