• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Poisoned Honey: A Requiem for the Gods Sidequest

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Poisoned Honey



Spoiler: Show

As you whirl through the void between worlds, holding fast to Anna's hand, you become aware of a turbulence, a sense of chaos. You try to sense the direction it's coming from to ride it as a ship rides a wave, but it's too close. Before you can react, it is upon you - and Anna. It seems to strike her hardest; in the weird, unreal dimension you inhabit, Anna seems to twist and thrash like a fish on a line. You cannot see her clearly, nor hear her if she's speaking, but she seems to be fighting furiously. You reach out with your other hand, trying to hold her, and you're struck by the strangest feeling - it's as if you're grasping two people, not one.


Spoiler: Show

What are you doing to us, dear sister?

It's her, your darker half, louder and more clear than ever before.

Where are you taking us? Little fool! We will be trapped!

You feel her struggling to take control, but you resist fiercely.

We will not - I will not! If you go to your doom, you go alone, weakling!

Now you are struggling with her, physically as well as mentally, as if against someone who matches your strength and agility perfectly - but someone far more cruel and ruthless.

Chaos take you, but it will not take me! I am an avatar of chaos; I will not be its prey! I will rule it!

There is a ripping, tearing sensation; you would scream if you could find the breath. You feel your strength draining away, and make an almighty effort of will, pulling yourself back from her - from Lili - as she disappears into the void.

An instant later, you are back in normal reality once more.


Madeline and Anna step out of the rip in reality onto solid ground. It is dark, perhaps night. The scent of raw earth and vegetation is strong in your nostrils, and the thick, honeyed scent of some night-blooming flowers. The air is warm, not hot, and humid. You seem to be in a forest; ahead you can make out what must be a large clearing. Shafts of bright yellow moonlight pierce the canopy here and there.

Anna immediately falls to her knees, as if the effort of standing is more than she can bear.

OOC: Anna is weak as a newborn kitten, wringing with sweat, and magically exhausted. She currently has no PPs



[HR][/HR]

A whirling, chaotic rush of sensations. Darkness, crushing, suffocating. A sense of movement, as if hurtling through space at an impossible speed. Light and colors, chaotic, shattered; shapes too fast and blurry to discern. Reality rippling like water.

Movement.

Presence.

Existence.

You regain your senses, awakening from a sleep - if sleep it was - you never meant to take. You are in a strange place, a place unknown to you.

Spoiler: Show

You find yourself lying on an uneven surface, flat and hard, but lying at an angle. Opening your eyes, you see the night sky, dominated by an enormous, orange-yellow moon. You are lying atop what was once a roof, and which is now the flattest part of a pile of rubble that was formerly a house.

Looking around, you realize that whatever disaster struck this house laid low the entire town it was in. Heaps of rubble and bits of debris lie scattered everywhere, along with the occasional still-standing wall or chimney, stark in the moonlight. A riot of weeds grows over all, softening the outlines of the disaster, and small trees are shooting up in the open areas. Whatever happened here, it was some time ago.

Something catches your eye: a swirl, a flicker of unnatural brightness some distance away. Magic. You realize the dark bulk in the distance must be a forest, and whatever caused that magical effect was near the edge of it, a few hundred yards away.


Spoiler: Show

You open your eyes in darkness. Looking around, you realize you are inside a building - or what remains of one. The roof sags at a 45-degree angle, and the wooden furniture is so much rubbish now. As your eyes adjust, you see small weeds growing through the floorboards. All the walls save one have collapsed; beyond, you can see more rubble and overgrowth. You are clearly in some sort of town or city, abandoned due to some unknown disaster. It seems to be night, but the moonlight is oddly bright and has a murky yellow hue to it.
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
"Uuunnnnnggghhhh..."

She wakes up slowly, reluctantly. Her head throbs with a strong migraine, as if someone used it for a die in a game of chance, before throwing it off the side of a cliff.

"Nnnnh, jus' ten more minnits..." she groans.

It takes a bit more for her to properly regain her senses, allowing her to groggily get up from the floor.

"W-where am I?" she asks, to nobody in particular. She looks around, trying to discern her current location.

She gasps in pain as she clutches her head, remembering where she used to be. She remembers the cataclysm, the chaos, the deaths, the destruction. She sinks to her knees from the enormity of it, hyperventilating. She takes a bit more to regain control. She looks around again.

The place doesn't look like where she's just been; the architectural style isn't even like anything she's seen before. She takes a few minutes to study the place, feeling spooked by the eerie silence.

Still, it's not like she's going to find anything staying where she is. Best to explore. She climbs through a hole in the roof, and takes a look around from her vantage point.
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
With a faint unheard whimper, Anna reaches for her 'sister,' they had always been together... now... what.

Anna cringes on the ground, shaking, panting, retching though nothing will come up... "l-lili…" she mumbles, not sure weather to sob or celebrate... Lili had been part of Anna since she was small, the part where she pushed all her pain, her hurt, and anything else bad... till Lili and Anna were sisters... Lili the stronger tougher one, Anna's 'protector' of sorts. Anna's power drew from her chaos, that primal unknown thing that she always left to Lili... without her, anna suddenly felt wrong... like what little strength she had managed to preserve from before the end of the world... was ripped from her... in one last painful move, Lili had taken from her all of her strength... "m-madeline!!!?" she chokes out, her voice like gravel in her throat as she tries to look around for her mate, her head spinning with each little movement... "help?" she whimpers, not sure weather she had lost Madeline in that vortex as well.
 

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
Rikku looks around at the ruins. A village of some sort, but not one she'd ever known. What ever happened here, it seemed to have happened a long time ago.

As she spots signs of magic in the distance, it takes her almost no time to decide to head to it. If there were any answers to questions like, where was she and how she got here, that was the most likely place to find it. And if there was danger, it would be a good chance to put her training to the test.
 

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Spoiler: Show

As you whirl through the void between worlds, holding fast to Anna's hand, you become aware of a turbulence, a sense of chaos. You try to sense the direction it's coming from to ride it as a ship rides a wave, but it's too close. Before you can react, it is upon you - and Anna. It seems to strike her hardest; in the weird, unreal dimension you inhabit, Anna seems to twist and thrash like a fish on a line. You cannot see her clearly, nor hear her if she's speaking, but she seems to be fighting furiously. You reach out with your other hand, trying to hold her, and you're struck by the strangest feeling - it's as if you're grasping two people, not one.


Madeline and Anna step out of the rip in reality onto solid ground. It is dark, perhaps night. The scent of raw earth and vegetation is strong in your nostrils, and the thick, honeyed scent of some night-blooming flowers. The air is warm, not hot, and humid. You seem to be in a forest; ahead you can make out what must be a large clearing. Shafts of bright yellow moonlight pierce the canopy here and there.

Anna immediately falls to her knees, as if the effort of standing is more than she can bear.

OOC: Anna is weak as a newborn kitten, wringing with sweat, and magically exhausted. She currently has no PPs
The passage through was rougher then she had expected, especially as she did her very best to cling to and keep close her friend and lover. Something seemed to be happening to Anna, and as Madeline reached out with her other hand... there was... two? She couldn't see clearly, everything around her was blurry and a rush of colors... it was hard to focus or concentrate, but Madeline did her damndest.

She thought she saw... something... pulling away from Anna just before reality returned, hard. Madeline lets out a grunt as they crash onto the ground, rubbing her head and groaning as she slowly stood and took stock of the world around them.

That is put to a halt as she hears a grunt of pain from Anna, and turns and rushes to her side as she sees her falling to her knees.

With a faint unheard whimper, Anna reaches for her 'sister,' they had always been together... now... what.

Anna cringes on the ground, shaking, panting, retching though nothing will come up... "l-lili…" she mumbles, not sure weather to sob or celebrate... Lili had been part of Anna since she was small, the part where she pushed all her pain, her hurt, and anything else bad... till Lili and Anna were sisters... Lili the stronger tougher one, Anna's 'protector' of sorts. Anna's power drew from her chaos, that primal unknown thing that she always left to Lili... without her, anna suddenly felt wrong... like what little strength she had managed to preserve from before the end of the world... was ripped from her... in one last painful move, Lili had taken from her all of her strength... "m-madeline!!!?" she chokes out, her voice like gravel in her throat as she tries to look around for her mate, her head spinning with each little movement... "help?" she whimpers, not sure weather she had lost Madeline in that vortex as well.
"I'm here Anna, I'm here." Madeline says softly as she takes hold of Anna, pulling her close and holding her as her hand gently rubs the middle of her back, trying to soothe her even though the bard did not yet know what was wrong...
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
"I'm here Anna, I'm here." Madeline says softly as she takes hold of Anna, pulling her close and holding her as her hand gently rubs the middle of her back, trying to soothe her even though the bard did not yet know what was wrong...
Anna cringes and whimpers, clinging to Madeline… "S-she's... g-gone" she stammers, looking sick and feeling a hundred times worse... Her tails lay limp behind her as she lets Madeline pet her... feeling too weak to really do much, anna just sits there, letting her companion, her partner and mate, soothe her... to little effect.
 

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Anna cringes and whimpers, clinging to Madeline… "S-she's... g-gone" she stammers, looking sick and feeling a hundred times worse... Her tails lay limp behind her as she lets Madeline pet her... feeling too weak to really do much, anna just sits there, letting her companion, her partner and mate, soothe her... to little effect.
It takes a moment for Madeline to understand, her expression shifting from confused to concerned and sympathetic. She pulls Anna closer, letting her rest her face in the crook of her neck as she hummed softly. She gazed about all the same, trying to see if there was anything they needed to worry about in the darkness. They were in a strange new world... and as much as Madeline would like to let Anna take as long as she needed to recover, she might not have the option.

OOC: Notice check?
 

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Spoiler: Show

Anna: n/a, too distraught
Madeline: 2
Rikku: 5
Ahress: 16!


As Madeline stoops to console the distraught kitsune, she looks around warily. She finds herself in a forest, and from the brightness of the moonlight up ahead, there is a sizeable clearing not far away. The vegetation reminds her of that far to the south in her own world: tropical or subtropical plants, with broad leaves and dense undergrowth . . . although she sees many broken stumps and shattered, fallen branches. Something violent clearly happened here; perhaps a storm?

[hr][/hr]

Rikku makes her way across the ruined town - it was clearly too large to be a village - trying to avoid the shattered beams and bits of ragged debris that lie everywhere, half-hidden by weeds and vines. A few animals scurry away, disturbed by her approach: small rodents, or perhaps lizards. The air is thick with smells of the wild.

She gets closer to the forest, and also the edge of area of destruction. Whatever wrecked this town also tore up a good part of the woodlands around it, but the devastation seems less complete here, or maybe the forest is recovering more quickly. She sees many broken trees, but most are still alive, and beyond the limits of her gaze, the forest bulks hugely.

Within the forest, near where she saw the weird light, something stirs. She thinks she can faintly hear someone speaking in low tones, or perhaps more than one person. She can't make out the words or even the language.

[hr][/hr]

Ahress emerges to find a scene of destruction: the shattered ruins of what was once a town, as if smashed flat by the hand of a wrathful god. Broken houses are everywhere, like beached ships in the light of the strangely huge, yellow-orange moon. The ground is thickly carpeted with weeds and vines, and here and there small saplings grow, as nature reclaims what was once held by mortals.

A hundred feet or so to one side - her left - she sees the bulk of woodlands, the near edge full of broken trees, but the majority of the woods still healthy and alive. The air is full of the smell of growing things and the perfume of night-blooming plants, and she can faintly hear the movements of small animals here and there.

Something larger catches her eye. A figure, human, or at least humanoid - though the hair seems to be bright blue - a dozen yards away, moving gracefully through the ruins. Whoever this person is, they've moving with purpose, from right to left, heading toward the broken forest edge.
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
Spoiler: Show

Anna: n/a, too distraught
Madeline: 2
Rikku: 5
Ahress: 16!

[hr][/hr]

Ahress emerges to find a scene of destruction: the shattered ruins of what was once a town, as if smashed flat by the hand of a wrathful god. Broken houses are everywhere, like beached ships in the light of the strangely huge, yellow-orange moon. The ground is thickly carpeted with weeds and vines, and here and there small saplings grow, as nature reclaims what was once held by mortals.

A hundred feet or so to one side - her left - she sees the bulk of woodlands, the near edge full of broken trees, but the majority of the woods still healthy and alive. The air is full of the smell of growing things and the perfume of night-blooming plants, and she can faintly hear the movements of small animals here and there.

Something larger catches her eye. A figure, human, or at least humanoid - though the hair seems to be bright blue - a dozen yards away, moving gracefully through the ruins. Whoever this person is, they've moving with purpose, from right to left, heading toward the broken forest edge.
"That's curious," she mutters to herself. The only sign of intelligent life for... well, as far as she can see. Everywhere else seems to be a city crushed by a natural catastrophe and being overcome by nature after its citizens abandoned it. She could stay and look around some more, but it doesn't seem like there's much around here. Best she could tell, maybe this other person can tell her where she is.

She proceeds to follow the blue-haired person from a distance, keeping sure to stay quiet and hidden out of sight. That person could be a hostile, after all.
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
Anna clings to Madeline, whimpering and whining... "I... I feel... w-wrong" she stammers as she hugs her mate. she tries to be wary, but she can hardly keep herself together much less focus on anything... she clings closer to Madeline till she's flush pressed against the snow leopard whimpering in confusion and pain... still not really sure what's wrong with her.
 
Top Bottom