IC Poisoned Honey: A Requiem for the Gods Sidequest

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
"Well, I tried," Rikku says at the parrot man's rejection. "I hope you reconsider, but I can't force you."

She's grateful to Anna for the healing spell. She looks around at her companions. "I don't think we're gonna get any more sleep tonight. We can try, if any of you wants to, of course. But I suggest we get moving at first light."

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
After healing the more major wounds and patching up the scrapes anna visibly deflates and slumps, drained after that fight... "if he comes for us... blood will be paid..." She mumbles as she grabs her arm and rubs where the wound was, her flesh healed but the phantom of that pain bothering the fox... she watches the bird leave, eyeing him as much as he eyes her.

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
Spoiler: Show
Don't worry about rolls. Aress and Anna each have one wound; Madeline and Rikku are a little scuffed, but have no serious injuries. You can easily heal Anna and Aress.

Xicohtencatl eyes Anna suspiciously as she begins casting spells, but does not otherwise interfere. He is careful to keep her in his sight.
Aress thanks Anna for patching her up, feeling her now un-wounded arms, obviously relieved.
"I will not hunt you unless you return to Cochotlacatl lands," the parrot-man says. Again he makes that hand gesture, and says "All blood is washed away," in the tone of someone quoting a formal phrase.

"But my blood debt is sold to Ichtacka, and for him I cannot answer. By our law, it is his right to hunt you. He may choose not to, for fear of the godspark, but the Blood-Drinkers are strong and cunning."

He sheathes his obsidian knife and gives you all a final look. "Our lands are the forest, north and west of here," he says. "If you return this way, travel north and east; those are tecanui lands. If you travel south, you may meet other Cochotlacatl, but they are not of my people; I cannot answer for them."

OOC: Xicohtencatl is leaving unless you have more questions or some reason for him to stay
"Well, maybe if you put up a sign, we'd have noticed and gotten out quicker," Aress replies sarcastically.
"Well, I tried," Rikku says at the parrot man's rejection. "I hope you reconsider, but I can't force you."

She's grateful to Anna for the healing spell. She looks around at her companions. "I don't think we're gonna get any more sleep tonight. We can try, if any of you wants to, of course. But I suggest we get moving at first light."
"Screw that, I'm going to go back to sleep," Aress replies, trudging off. "Just too tired and pissed off to care right now."
After healing the more major wounds and patching up the scrapes anna visibly deflates and slumps, drained after that fight... "if he comes for us... blood will be paid..." She mumbles as she grabs her arm and rubs where the wound was, her flesh healed but the phantom of that pain bothering the fox... she watches the bird leave, eyeing him as much as he eyes her.
"Know what?" Aress says, becoming a bit cheerful again. "Maybe we can fight him off again next time. We scared him off this time, maybe we'll get lucky again.

"Welp, going to try and get some shuteye. Let me know when breakfast is ready."

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
"I know little of the magic of the tecanui," the birdman says. "But you - they use music. Perhaps a message was encoded in the wind chime?"

He gives Madeline a hard stare at her second question. "You bear the godspark, yet you do not know this? It is a matter for priests, but the gods are dead. Have you drunk from a dead god, White One?"
"Godspark..." Madeline glances to Anna as she eyes her hand "Do you think he means the marking we had when we were in the land of seasons?" As she recalled, the mark had faded once they left the group, though perhaps they were still touched in some manner.

"I don't know." She finally says to him. "All I know is I saw my home, my world, being destroyed by tornadoes and lightning, the earth cracking. I know that I died... and then came back on another world that was not mine, before journeying to another world and helping others like me find an artifact. I suppose in a sense those of us who have lived through the deaths of worlds are touched by gods in some fashion, else we wouldn't be here still."

"I will not hunt you unless you return to Cochotlacatl lands," the parrot-man says. Again he makes that hand gesture, and says "All blood is washed away," in the tone of someone quoting a formal phrase.

"But my blood debt is sold to Ichtacka, and for him I cannot answer. By our law, it is his right to hunt you. He may choose not to, for fear of the godspark, but the Blood-Drinkers are strong and cunning."

He sheathes his obsidian knife and gives you all a final look. "Our lands are the forest, north and west of here," he says. "If you return this way, travel north and east; those are tecanui lands. If you travel south, you may meet other Cochotlacatl, but they are not of my people; I cannot answer for them."

OOC: Xicohtencatl is leaving unless you have more questions or some reason for him to stay
"Would you be able to point them out on this map for me to mark?" She asks, even as she works to memorize where he has said their lands are in her head. Otherwise, she simply offers him a bow and says "All blood is washed away." with an inquiring look to see if she'd said the right thing or not, then turns to the others.

"Resting a bit more couldn't hurt, though I don't think I'll be going back to sleep easily. I could cast a lullabye though if needed.

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
Anna nods to Madeline. "We survived a doomed world, then passed through a dead one... and then through the land of seasons... we are touched by something weather the mark on our hands is visible or not..." She says, looking around at the group. "there's also the fact both you and I have magic, mine quite literally sparks and fire." She adds.

On the topic of sleep Anna seems torn... she would like to sleep... but those horrible nightmare visions... "I... am fine with either choice…" She finally concedes, sighing and still slumping a bit...

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Godspark..." Madeline glances to Anna as she eyes her hand "Do you think he means the marking we had when we were in the land of seasons?" As she recalled, the mark had faded once they left the group, though perhaps they were still touched in some manner.

"I don't know." She finally says to him. "All I know is I saw my home, my world, being destroyed by tornadoes and lightning, the earth cracking. I know that I died... and then came back on another world that was not mine, before journeying to another world and helping others like me find an artifact. I suppose in a sense those of us who have lived through the deaths of worlds are touched by gods in some fashion, else we wouldn't be here still."
"The godspark; the touch of those who server the gods," he repeats. "The power to heal, to cast fire, to work miracles. You called it up, yet the gods are dead. If you do not know how, I cannot tell you."

"Would you be able to point them out on this map for me to mark?" She asks, even as she works to memorize where he has said their lands are in her head. Otherwise, she simply offers him a bow and says "All blood is washed away." with an inquiring look to see if she'd said the right thing or not, then turns to the others.
"When you come in sight of the southern forest, you will be within their hunting range," he says simply. At Madeline's words, he nods and disappears into the darkness.

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
With that settled, Madeline sighs and heads back to the barn with the others, She decides to set up a sort of watch by the door, while pulling Anna into her and letting the kitsune rest her head on her shoulder.

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
Anna slumps against Madeline, exhausted magically, mentally, and physically and wanting to sleep, but not to return to those nightmares... try as she might to stay up, she soon drifts off to sleep.

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Madeline keeps a hold of Anna, smiling and nuzzling her head as she holds her hands, giving them a gentle squeeze to remind her she's not alone before peering back out into the darkness.

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
No further nightmares or hostile parrots trouble you for the remainder of the night, though you have uneasy memories of strange dreams. The day dawns bright, clear, and hot, and promises to only grow hotter. The farmland stretches out before you.

Top Bottom