IC Poisoned Honey: A Requiem for the Gods Sidequest

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Madeline grumbles as she stirs and feels the heat, a bit upset that she drifted off at some point. Still, they made it through the rest of the evening and so Madeline works to start rousing the others so they can continue their quest.
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
Anna sleeps, surprisingly soundly, till her mate starts wiggling around and wakes her up... "huh...." she rubs the sleep from her eyes as she wakes up, seeing the kind snow leopard she feels so many feelings for as the first thing in the wakening world which brings a calm smile to the fox-girl's face.
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
Upon waking, Aress stretches, giving a great big yawn as she does so. Getting up, she does some light exercises to get the blood in her limbs flowing, then gets out of the barn to look.

She almost feels like kicking herself; the fact that they were in some sort of barn meant they had to be near farmland - which meant they were getting pretty close to civilization.

"Well, this looks promising," she says. "We must be getting near that city Cuahtehmoc said. Maybe we can get out of here quicker than we thought - and say goodbye to vampires and other monsters.

"So!" she says, dropping from a standing stance to sitting cross-legged, "what's for breakfast?"
 

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
"Same supplies we've been eating," Rikku says, opening her pack. "Hopefully we're close. I'd rather not give that vampire a chance to try again."
 

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Nuzzling Anna a bit, Madeline moves to try and help make a meal of sorts with the supplies they have, then once everyone's sated their stomachs and is ready, she takes the lead, glancing up and mumbling that she hoped it would get cloudy and maybe even a little drizzly.
 

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
Rikku does her morning exercises as Madeline prepares breakfast. She's eager to get going as soon as possible.
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
Anna gets up slowly, sore and stiff from the previous rather trying night... but she hadn't suffered any more nightmares, so this morning was better than her last wake up... she fishes what tidbits she can from her little snack pouch and offers the few berries, nuts, and whatever else to Madeline to help with breakfast...
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
"Same supplies we've been eating," Rikku says, opening her pack. "Hopefully we're close. I'd rather not give that vampire a chance to try again."
"Right," Aress sighs. "Yeah, we're probably going to need some meat on this journey. The trail mix isn't bad, just get a little tired of it.

"Still, no sense complaining about good grub," she says, collapsing into a cross-legged position to eat.
Nuzzling Anna a bit, Madeline moves to try and help make a meal of sorts with the supplies they have, then once everyone's sated their stomachs and is ready, she takes the lead, glancing up and mumbling that she hoped it would get cloudy and maybe even a little drizzly.
"You okay in this heat?" Aress asks, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. She checks her water skin.

"Probably wise to try and find some water," she sighs. "I wasted some last night."
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
"Probably wise to try and find some water," she sighs. "I wasted some last night."
Anna cringes a bit, frowning at having caused a waste of their limited and dinking water, she needed to figure out that nightmare, and keep any others from happening to her, if she could that is... for now she focuses on helping Madeline cook, with a half hearted mumbled apology for causing the waste of water.
 

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You see no signs of hostile forces - or indeed, any forces beyond occasional animals - as you press on southward. You catch sight of the occasional hairy pig, a few turkey-sized, ground-dwelling birds that hastily avoid you, and of course the omnipresent insects. The fields and hills give way to what is unmistakably farmland, albeit farmland that has not been tended in months. You pass the occasional small house or outbuilding; some shattered or burned, others merely abandoned.

You skirt the destroyed town where you first met, still wary of its silent ruin. By your map, you guess you're a little more than halfway to your goal: once you pass the farmland, you should come in sight of the forest, and then the town of Cuicatlan.

As you pass the ruined town, it occurs to you that where there is a town, there must be a water source.

OOC: Do you wish to explore the ruins for water, or press on and hope for the best?
 
Top Bottom