IC Poisoned Honey: A Requiem for the Gods Sidequest

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
As much as Madeline wished to simply press on, she figured they could probably spare, if nothing else, a short search for some water. The heat was again getting to her and if they could find something like a well or even a small pond she could splash some water over her or pour some over her head to help deal with the heat. And well, they were a bit lower on water anyways... best to have as much as they could get.
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
anna only shivers as she sees the town, remembering that distinctive flame scar and her horrendous nightmare... she gently hugs Madeline, holding the feline's tail for comfort as she stays close... Madeline is right, water is necessary after her... 'outburst' previously, and it is much too limited to gamble on.
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
"Hold up, guys," Aress speaks up. "I think I can refill the water here. It'll be a quick one."

If the others agree, she starts looking out for water wells or other possible water sources - and keeping watch for the vampire, should it strike again.
 

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
"Hold up, guys," Aress speaks up. "I think I can refill the water here. It'll be a quick one."

If the others agree, she starts looking out for water wells or other possible water sources - and keeping watch for the vampire, should it strike again.
Rikku follows after Aress. Best to be in pairs. "If you're worried about the vampire, I think we're safe for a few more hours. Broad daylight and all. Even if he's in this village, he'll be stuck in one hut."

Rikku also keeps an eye out for a well or pond or something.
 

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You split up, Anna with Madeline, Rikku with Aress, and begin searching for a water source or anything else of value. Even under the bright, reddish sun, the ruined city is a strange and eerie sight; for all that this is an alien world, and the architecture and cultural details are unfamiliar to you, this was a city and should be bustling with life. Instead, only the buzzing of insects and the occasional bird-call breaks the silence, and the only life is small lizards and rat-like creatures, and once, a brilliant emerald snake.

Making their way to the center of town, Rikku and Aress start noticing something strange - although the town is well and truly wrecked, in certain places the destruction seems . . . tidier? There's a neatly-stacked pile of boards, clearly pulled from a collapsed house. Across the way, all the weeds and other vegetable opportunists have been trimmed back from a small building. There's a suspiciously regular pattern of scratches on the cobblestones between two houses. Odd, minor details that catch the eye.

You soon find a well - or the remains of one. Some mighty force must have struck the stone structure; it's half-collapsed, and choked with broken rocks. If there's water below it, it's going to be hard to get at.

Toward the southern edge of town, Madeline and Anna have better luck: another well, deep and solid, albeit partially covered by the fallen roof of a collapsed house. It'll be a bit of work to uncover it enough to use it, but the well seems intact. Something seems odd about your surroundings, though, and it takes you a few minutes to realize what: it's too quiet. The small rustlings and insect-chirps have fallen silent; there is no sound but the wind. As you work to move bits of debris to reach the well, you get the strong feeling that you are not alone in this ruin.
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
Rikku follows after Aress. Best to be in pairs. "If you're worried about the vampire, I think we're safe for a few more hours. Broad daylight and all. Even if he's in this village, he'll be stuck in one hut."

Rikku also keeps an eye out for a well or pond or something.
"Thanks for the backup," Aress says. "Let's just hurry up and get the water, then get the hell out."
You split up, Anna with Madeline, Rikku with Aress, and begin searching for a water source or anything else of value. Even under the bright, reddish sun, the ruined city is a strange and eerie sight; for all that this is an alien world, and the architecture and cultural details are unfamiliar to you, this was a city and should be bustling with life. Instead, only the buzzing of insects and the occasional bird-call breaks the silence, and the only life is small lizards and rat-like creatures, and once, a brilliant emerald snake.
Aress finds the silence a bit disturbing, startling a bit at seeing another snake or something moving in the grass. It's a bit unsettling to see a city so... empty. Where'd everyone go? Were they disappearing? Or was there something worse? Hell, she doesn't recall seeing any blood here, which is really weird.
Making their way to the center of town, Rikku and Aress start noticing something strange - although the town is well and truly wrecked, in certain places the destruction seems . . . tidier? There's a neatly-stacked pile of boards, clearly pulled from a collapsed house. Across the way, all the weeds and other vegetable opportunists have been trimmed back from a small building. There's a suspiciously regular pattern of scratches on the cobblestones between two houses. Odd, minor details that catch the eye.

You soon find a well - or the remains of one. Some mighty force must have struck the stone structure; it's half-collapsed, and choked with broken rocks. If there's water below it, it's going to be hard to get at.
"This... this whole thing is nuts," she says, scratching her head. "I mean... who does this? Really neat vandals? Or was there someone else looting the place before they got interrupted and ran away? Makes no sense. Someone probably passed through here before..."

They then come across the collapsed well, and Aress groans.

"Are you kidding me right now?!" she grumbles. "The one thing we need right now, and we waste more time trying to get it - and we can't get it..."

She sighs, then checks the collapsed well.

"Think we can the water out of this?" she asks, before she starts grabbing some of the smaller rocks and tossing them aside to make way.
 

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Madeline shivered a fair bit, the abandoned city making her feel like she was trespassing in a cemetary. She couldn't help but feel like this was a place they should spend as little time in as possible.

Toward the southern edge of town, Madeline and Anna have better luck: another well, deep and solid, albeit partially covered by the fallen roof of a collapsed house. It'll be a bit of work to uncover it enough to use it, but the well seems intact. Something seems odd about your surroundings, though, and it takes you a few minutes to realize what: it's too quiet. The small rustlings and insect-chirps have fallen silent; there is no sound but the wind. As you work to move bits of debris to reach the well, you get the strong feeling that you are not alone in this ruin.
As if the feeling that they didn't belong wasn't enough, the utter lack of sound besides their own breathing and footsteps made the fur on the back of Madeline's neck stiffen up. She quickly checks her pistol to make sure it's loaded as her other hand pulls out Glacial and she begins to scan the area around them. "Anna... keep alert... someone... or something... just don't let your guard down."

OOC: Notice roll please?
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
Anna looks around, this dead place.... feels like Death itself dwells here, which is not a comforting thought to the kitsune... She smiles at the well, despite being buried its at LEAST intact and should have water... with help from the other two it shoul be no problem... when she notices even the insects have silenced as they inspect the half buried well, Anna's tails fluff a bit, frazzled and worried as she looks around...

"I preferred being 'alone'" Anna mumbles to the snow leopard, preparing what's left of her magical strength, she was still a little drained from the night previous but the comfort of sleep helped restore her...
 

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
"Thanks for the backup," Aress says. "Let's just hurry up and get the water, then get the hell out."

Aress finds the silence a bit disturbing, startling a bit at seeing another snake or something moving in the grass. It's a bit unsettling to see a city so... empty. Where'd everyone go? Were they disappearing? Or was there something worse? Hell, she doesn't recall seeing any blood here, which is really weird.

"This... this whole thing is nuts," she says, scratching her head. "I mean... who does this? Really neat vandals? Or was there someone else looting the place before they got interrupted and ran away? Makes no sense. Someone probably passed through here before..."

They then come across the collapsed well, and Aress groans.

"Are you kidding me right now?!" she grumbles. "The one thing we need right now, and we waste more time trying to get it - and we can't get it..."

She sighs, then checks the collapsed well.

"Think we can the water out of this?" she asks, before she starts grabbing some of the smaller rocks and tossing them aside to make way.
"Well, I can think of one thing to try," Rikku says. She puts her right fist against her left palm, and concentrates. She focuses her chi into her muscles, to amplify them. Maybe with more strength, she can move enough rocks.

OOC: Casting Boost Strength
 

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
With a moment of concentration and a subtle focusing of her internal energies, Rikku soon finds that she is able to shift at least the smaller rocks. It's hard work, but Rikku and Aress make steady progress, focusing their efforts on a section of the well that seems less clogged. After a bit, you've cleared away enough rocks to see that there is definitely water below, water you can probably reach with a length of rope and some ingenuity. It's not as convenient as a normal well, but it should work.

_______________________________________________________________________​

Spoiler: Show

Madeline Notice: 5


As you scan the surrounding area, you catch movement out of the corner of your eye; something small ducking out of sight behind some rubble. It's not alone: now that you're paying attention, you notice more movement, small figures moving jerkily from cover to cover. Whatever they are they're small - human children, or smaller yet - and they move with an odd, irregular gait that is too purposeful for animals.

You're not sure how many there are, but it's at least a handful.
 
Top Bottom