• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Poisoned Honey: A Requiem for the Gods Sidequest

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Madeline frowns at this... a part of her doesn't think there'd be any reason to believe that there were survivors lurking here... the place seemed to be too dead and abandoned for anyone to still be living here.

After a moment though, she decides to instead try singing a soothing song, one her mother and many other mothers in her region of the plains had sung when their children were frightened or saddened.
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
Anna watches, looking around and worried... as Madeline starts to sing and frowns, before the lilting lovely voice of her mate sooths her worries, the foxgirl's eyes search the area calmly.

Spoiler: Show
notice for the foxy please
 

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
With a moment of concentration and a subtle focusing of her internal energies, Rikku soon finds that she is able to shift at least the smaller rocks. It's hard work, but Rikku and Aress make steady progress, focusing their efforts on a section of the well that seems less clogged. After a bit, you've cleared away enough rocks to see that there is definitely water below, water you can probably reach with a length of rope and some ingenuity. It's not as convenient as a normal well, but it should work.
Rikku is sweating a bit from the effort, but as they clear a way to the water, she smiles with satisfaction. "There, that wasn't such a chore, was it?"
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
With a moment of concentration and a subtle focusing of her internal energies, Rikku soon finds that she is able to shift at least the smaller rocks. It's hard work, but Rikku and Aress make steady progress, focusing their efforts on a section of the well that seems less clogged. After a bit, you've cleared away enough rocks to see that there is definitely water below, water you can probably reach with a length of rope and some ingenuity. It's not as convenient as a normal well, but it should work.
Rikku is sweating a bit from the effort, but as they clear a way to the water, she smiles with satisfaction. "There, that wasn't such a chore, was it?"
Aress nods.

"Well, the worst of it is solved," she replies, "but now we got to get the water. I think we should tie one of the water bottles with the rope and lower it. Alternatively... how much can you lift? I'm about 100 lbs, give or take a couple pounds. I can climb down with a bit of skill, so you can lower me. I'll tug the rope if I need to be lifted up.

"You might want to give me your waterskin, if you need that refilled..."
 

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
Aress nods.

"Well, the worst of it is solved," she replies, "but now we got to get the water. I think we should tie one of the water bottles with the rope and lower it. Alternatively... how much can you lift? I'm about 100 lbs, give or take a couple pounds. I can climb down with a bit of skill, so you can lower me. I'll tug the rope if I need to be lifted up.

"You might want to give me your waterskin, if you need that refilled..."
"You got a rope?" Rikku asks, taking a drink from her water skin, and handing it to the elf. "Best get this done quickly. I'm using Chi to boost my muscles. Best get this done before I burn through my reserves."
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
Aress checks her bags, and tosses Rikku the rope she 'borrowed' from the town they first appeared in, holding on to one end.

"Rope, a girl's best friend - well, next to jewels," she says cheerfully. She takes the rope end she has and ties it around herself securely. She stands on the edge of the well, waterskin in hand, her other hand reaching out for Rikku's waterskin, if she needs a refill too.

"Ready when you are," she says.
 

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
Rikku ties her end around her own waist to make sure she can't accidentally drop Aress. Then she starts to lower the elf and the empty water skins down.
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
Aress nods, and begins climbing her way down the well, using her climbing skills and agility to go down the well wall.

Spoiler: Show
Aress is using Climb to carefully climb down the well.[/quote]
 

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
With Rikku acting as a firm anchor and the rope for support, Aress carefully navigates her way down the well shaft. There's a few awkward moments as rocks shift under foot, but she's able to reach the water and refill her waterskins.

_______________________________________________________________________​

Spoiler: Show

Anna Notice: 3
Madeline seems . . . more watchful than usual, but Anna doesn't see any sign of danger.

Madeline Music: 8


As Madeline beings to sing a calm, soothing song, she's aware that the moving figures slow and stop. They're still present - she can see shadows and silhouettes out of the corner of her eye - but they've stopped darting from hiding place to hiding place.

Her song comes to an end, and after a few moments of silence, one of the shadowy figures moves. Emerging from a half-hidden spot behind a clump of weeds is a small, semi-humanoid creature, not more than two feet tall. It resembles nothing so much as a small frog walking upright, but a frog with skin colored several vivid shades of blue, with a black dappled pattern on its back. It wears a large, broad hat crafted of leaves, and carries a spear as long as it is tall with a fine, sharp-looking point.

The frogman (or possibly frogwoman) steps forward into view of both Madeline and Anna, staring intently at both with enormous eyes. Then it sinks to a crouching position, still staring, and waits.

 

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Madeline is clearly surprised when she sees this... Frog person emerging and standing before them. She did not recall being told of a people like this, but the hat, his clothes and his weapon suggests intelligence of some kind, so it can't merely be a strange beast...

Madeline gives a bow to the creature, and smiles as she says "Greetings stranger. We mean no harm."
 
Top Bottom