• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Poisoned Honey: A Requiem for the Gods Sidequest

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
"its a frog?" anna peeps, a little confused as she tilts her head... "hello there... we're friendly..." she does move one hand behind her back, ready to cast her magic if need be...
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
With Rikku acting as a firm anchor and the rope for support, Aress carefully navigates her way down the well shaft. There's a few awkward moments as rocks shift under foot, but she's able to reach the water and refill her waterskins.
Aress triumphantly fills the water, putting the waterskins on her belt, before turning to tug on the rope a few times to let Rikku know to pull her up.
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
Aress first takes a quick drink. Then she climbs up as Rikku pulls the rope up, the elf trying to make headway against the slippery rocks of the well.

Once she gets out, she gives Rikku her waterskin.

"Well, that fixes that issue," she says. "We better get back to the others."
 

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The frog-person's throat swells briefly, and he or she making an inquiring little chirrup? sound. The spear is pointed at Madeline and the frog makes a little go on gesture with it.

Glancing around, you are aware of several more of the frog-people, mostly half-hidden behind rubble or on rooftops, in a variety of colorful skin-tones. Most of them are watching you with wide-eyed interest.

____________________________________________________________________​

Having secured water, Rikku and Aress begin making their way south, looking for their companions. Again, you are stuck by the signs of small-scale labor, as if someone is moving, cleaning, and scavenging small objects around this town. You see no sign of intelligent life; nothing beyond a few birds, a snake, and the ever-present insects.

You soon come upon a strange tableau: Madeline facing away from you, while Anna hovers near her, clearly wary. Facing them both is a tiny, two-foot-tall bright blue frog person armed with a long, slender spear.
 

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Madeline is still a bit wary, given she does have a spear pointed at her, but with a gentle tone, she says "We're traveling to a village to find someone and something. We're merely passing through and decided to try and see if we could find some water to refill our skins... and in my case, cool down a bit."
 

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The frog-person regards Madeline stoically, but makes no reply. After a moment, the chirrup and the spear gesture are repeated, a bit more emphatically.
 

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Madeline frowns for a moment, wondering a bit, then decides to try something. She hums a little tune and sings a few notes, curious to see if perhaps that's what they wanted- more of her singing.
 

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The frog-person does not react to Madeline's singing, but a couple of the others edge carefully closer. When Madeline stops a second time the first frog makes the same gesture again, twice, rapidly.
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
Anna starts humming, a somewhat aimless little tune from her homeland, curious if the frogs liked the music, or if they just wanted everyone to go away...

after her short humming she says. "If you just want us to leave, we will... we just needed some water to continue our journey..." She says, still wary of the armed frogs.
 
Top Bottom