• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Poisoned Honey: A Requiem for the Gods Sidequest

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Madeline watches with interest as he draws the figure, frowning a bit and wondering if he means more of those bird men like before... or perhaps the death walker guy. Or maybe... maybe there is something else lying out that way that resembles them in some fashion. Regardless, she gives the blue frog an appreciative nod and says "Thank you again. We'll be careful. Safe Travels to you and may the songs in your heart guide and give you strength."

That was something her old mentor had told her was a common phrase bards in the lands between the two continents had often used, and it seemed fitting here.
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
Anna pays attention to the exact directions the frog points... that was the bird-men, no doubt, and of course it was well within their path... She sighs and thanks the frog. "safe travels, fare well..." she says calmly, another bow to the leader before he leaves.

She looks to her companions... "if i'm not mistaken he was warning us of more of those bird men, and likely the blood drinker as well on our present path." She says, looking toward the direction of their travels.
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
Anna points to the other two "they are..." she thinks for a moment, working how to get her meaning across... she points to herself and Madeline. "our tribe." She finishes with a smile. "friends." to add to the point she fishes out the last few berries from her pouch for now, it will replenish in time as it does, and hands them to Rikku and Aress. "give them the berries like I did..." she says, making sure to move slowly and calmly to not disturb the wary frogs.

After resolving the 'issue' between Rikku and Aress and the frogs, hopefully well, she bows very low and gracefully, her tails dancing calmly behind her... "our thanks..." she stands "I do not know if you understand..." she focuses, trying to use her magic, or perhaps the mark to pass her words on to them... so they understand. "This world is soon to perish, there is a village far behind us, if you go there you may escape." She smiles faintly.

OOC: anna is trying to use her magic to transfer the meaning of her warning to the frogs, spellcasting roll I guess?
Aress takes the berries, and offers them to the frogs as per Anna's lead. Hopefully, this will show they're not hostile, maybe they'll just let them pass now.
The frogs lower their weapons, though they continue to watch these newcomers closely. The blue frog steps forward - you can see that normal walking is awkward for these creatures - and, after some hesitation, takes the silver charm from Madeline's hand. The small creature examines the charm carefully, holding up to its large eyes, then looks back at Madeline and utters a short chirp that somehow sounds like acknowledgement..
Aress, naturally, is curious as to what that silver talisman was, and is half tempted to follow the frogs later and steal it back. It was a strong temptation for a thief, but for now, she tries not to make her attention noticeable to the potentially hostile frogs.

For now, though, she's glad they lowered their weapons. They must finally be coming around to treating them as non-hostile.
The frogs collectively turn to stare as Anna attempts to communicate. After some consideration, a small, blue frog with red limbs collects the berries from Aress and Rikku's hands.

They watch her bow but do not bow in return, perhaps being unfamiliar with the gesture. As Anna calls on her innate magic to try to communicate, the frog-folk break out into a series of quiet chirps, becoming agitated. After some sort of amphibian conference, they disappear into the ruins, leaving only the blue leader behind.

The blue frog finds a clear spot on the ground and, with the butt of their spear, sketches a crude picture of a humanoid stick figure with a large projection coming from its head, like a curved triangle. A claw, or perhaps a beak? The frog indicates the figure, and utters a low croak that seems to convey warning. Then it gestures emphatically with the spear, pointing due south - the direction you have been traveling - and southwest, to the right, referring often to the sketched figure.

The blue frog stares at you each in turn, gestures to the sketch and emits that warning croak again, then turns and leaps away.
"Yeah, see you later... small blue guys," Aress says with a wave. She watches them leave before giving a sigh of relief. "Whew, glad that's over. We managed to get some water. Can we get moving now?"
Anna pays attention to the exact directions the frog points... that was the bird-men, no doubt, and of course it was well within their path... She sighs and thanks the frog. "safe travels, fare well..." she says calmly, another bow to the leader before he leaves.

She looks to her companions... "if i'm not mistaken he was warning us of more of those bird men, and likely the blood drinker as well on our present path." She says, looking toward the direction of their travels.
"Yeah, that much is obvious," Aress says sourly. "We're not headed south, so let's head to that town we were supposed to get to. The sooner this is over, and the sooner we leave this dying world, the better."

She shoulders her bags and waits for Madeline's lead.
 

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
"I'm just glad we didn't offend them by stepping on their sacred lily pad, or something like that," Rikku says. "Let's keep moving."
 

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
"Give us a second to finish filling out own waterskins again, we were in the middle of it when the frog folks showed up." Madeline says. Once she and Anna's own water is restored (and she's at least sprinkled or rubbed some into her fur to help cool her down) Anna takes the lead again and gets the group moving towards their destination.
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
"Yyeeaaah, the water well's going to need a bit of work; I had to climb down and fill the waterskins," Aress says, scratching her head. "Still, if you want, I can climb down the well for you, assuming you pull the rope for me."
 

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
"Yyeeaaah, the water well's going to need a bit of work; I had to climb down and fill the waterskins," Aress says, scratching her head. "Still, if you want, I can climb down the well for you, assuming you pull the rope for me."
"We actually found one here, we were in the process of trying to fill our skins when the frog-folk showed up."
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
Aress makes a sour face.

"Well, isn't that all fine and dandy," she grumbles. "Would have saved us the trouble...

"Anyways, with that taken care of, let's get moving. Madeline, you had the map?"
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
"Yea" anna says, shrugging "maybe should have come got us BEFORE doing arduous activities?" she offers "next time..."
 

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
"Well, at least we got some exercise doing it," says Rikku with a shrug. "Best get going. That vampire parrot won't be able to travel by day. We should use that to get as far as we can."
 
Top Bottom