• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Pokemon Go it's out!

Jigglypuff

Vet of the Psychic wars
Validated User
Yay!! Pokemon go is out I was waiting for this (never got into the beta). I rushed to the App Store and downloaded it, created my character, caught a Charmander hanging out in my hallway and then the servers crash. This was about 1hr ago.

It looks like a pretty good game. I know some out there will say it's pointless but we have a pretty large Ingress group in my area and they're avid about the game. Pokemon is a huge franchise and could bring in a lot of players to AR games.

I hope the servers are up tomorrow so I can do a hike on the state forest lands and catch some more.

Last edited:

LizardBite

Validated User
I went out and wandered around the neighborhood and found nothing. I even used one of my free Incenses! Still nothing.

A bit after I got back, I Force Closed the game and restarted it. Turns out it had failed to load properly before. I used what was left of my 30 minutes of Incense to make up for lost time (in fact, an Eevee appeared on my staircase right after I booted the game up!).

The server went down right as I was catching like my third Pidgey. I've also caught an Oddish, a Paras, two Ratatas, the Eevee, and my starter was Squirtle.

Elven Princess

Castle-Hopper
Validated User
My smart phone does not appear to be able to run it. The Google Play store won't let me download it. I am sad.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yup, me too. "This app is incompatible with all of your devices." I guess that's what I get for owning a cheap-ass Android phone.

Jonas Albrecht

Wild West Werewolf
Validated User
That's also the phrasing it uses for when it hasn't been released in your territory yet, so if you don't have a really old phone, hang in there.

Also, yay.

Candelaris

The drama llama is dead
Validated User
Just started playing an hour or two ago and I went outside to hit up the landmark right outside my door and already ran into someone hunting down Dratini's in the night. It was literally a moment out of the game, a trainer came out of the tall grass and he pointed us to where he had seen a Dratini.

My team is currently Bulbasaur, Hypno, Nidoran, and a Spearow.

Elven Princess

Castle-Hopper
Validated User
That's also the phrasing it uses for when it hasn't been released in your territory yet, so if you don't have a really old phone, hang in there.

Also, yay.
My phone is on iOS 4.0.3, and apparently it requires iOS 4.4 or better. I can't even get my phone to connect to Google Play.

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Got my Bulbasaur in my house, got jumped by an Abra in my apartment while I was getting ready for a walk, and then hit up a park 2 blocks from where I live and from there went headed over to my FLGS. Had the app freeze up a few times on me. Twice was in the process of capturing a pokemon. The Ball had connected and captured the mon, and then the ball didn't shake. Had to restart my phone, at which point, going back into the app showed that I had gotten both of the mons that the game froze during. Also froze up once when I clicked on what I think was an unclaimed gym. Well, not necessarily froze (stuff was still moving on the screen), but it stopped taking input from me. Restarting the phone after that logged me out, so I ended up walking home without being logged into the game, so I didn't get any credit for the return trip.

My Pokémon:
85 Doduo
10 Ekans
32 Rattata
52 Growlithe
53 Growlithe
59 Geodude
62 Nedoran (F)
24 Abra
16 Pidgeotto
12 Venonat
11 Onix
10 Abra
14 Bulbasaur

and 2 Eggs.

Candelaris

The drama llama is dead
Validated User
My neighborhood is rife with Psychic types. The closest gym is next door with a Drowzee floating above the symbol. Tomorrow I'm gonna go for it.

Aliandris

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Not available for Windows phone. Never have I regretted my choice in phones as much as I do today.

Top Bottom