• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Pokemon Go it's out!

Kovbasa

Validated User
Definitely a good news/bad news situation then. I've got a Latios that's in my queue to level up - I'm still trying to decide whether to go psychic for use against Machamp raids, where I'm still lacking just a little bit (the main reason I was looking for a good Lugia), or dragon, where it's apparently better in the meta, but I don't usually run into situations where it's needed.

Just saw that it looks like they're starting to roll out Team Rocket and shadow pokemon. That might be interesting...

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
You get to duel Team Rocket members at random Pokestops and rescue their maltreated Pokemon.

Also, they apparently reworked how Charge Attacks work during duels. I approve there was too much mindless button mashing in Pokemon Go already.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You get to duel Team Rocket members at random Pokestops and rescue their maltreated Pokemon.
Also be sure you either have no duel team assembled or do have a max-rank duel team assembled, or it'll lock you to the highest tier you have a team for.

Very frustrating my first few encounters, until I heard that was a bug. Haven't gotten to confirm the correct operation yet.

Kovbasa

Validated User
I kinda like this Team Rocket thing, now that I've had a chance to try it. Didn't see anything when they first announced it on Monday. Finally saw a couple this morning.

Some of their "tells" for what kind of team they're fielding are misleading. The first team said something about burning up, and unsurprisingly the team was 2 Charmanders & a Charizard. The next team said they were "coiled & ready to strike", so I assumed Ekans & Arbok, chose my Rhyperiors & Espeon, and then very nearly lost to a Zubat/Golbat/Crobat team.

I'm not thrilled about having another sink for Stardust, but fortunately it's not mandatory, though it is useful and you do gain a bit of dust with every battle. I'm curious as to how this whole thing progresses. I've heard people suggest shadow legendaries, and I would definitely be interested in something like that.

Aspeon

Validated User
I've also had Bulbasaur show up in a "coiled" team, which made short work of the electric types I brought to deal with bats. So some flexibility's definitely helpful for that hint.

Kovbasa

Validated User
Yeah. I've been trying to figure out what a good "default" team is for fighting TGR if I don't know what to expect. I don't usually PVP outside of the trainer battles, which are very predictable, so all I've got for now is a Salamance.

Potions are going to be an issue for me in the long run, I suspect. Fortunately, I do mean the long run. I've typically kept a reserve of around 200 max potions and max revives "in case of emergency" (I'm the guy who hordes his potions in computer games for the end boss, and then forgets to use them) and it's been going down slowly but steadily since TGR showed up. Ultimately, it'll depend on how much I end up running across grunts, though, as well as how many dry spells I have where I don't have time to battle/fight/raid.

Does anybody know if grunt battles count towards your Ace Trainer badge? I have neglected to check. Speaking of badges, I gotta say: 1,000,000 dust to get a gold Purifier badge? Ouch. I will say that I like more of the achievements coming with an added benefit. I think that was one of the better improvements in Wizards Unite, and I missed the benefits from the "catch X number of Y-type pokemon".

In really good news, my weekly reward was a 15/14/15 Groudon. So I suspect that I know what I'm going to be spending my stockpile of rare candy on. Just have to wait another month to make certain that I don't somehow get a perfect one.

tashkal

Validated User
Team Go Rocket gas it's own badge. There are also lists going around now with the typical phrases the grunt uses before battle as hints toward the type of Pokemon they'll have.

Stormfalcon

Just slumming
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Team Go Rocket gas it's own badge. There are also lists going around now with the typical phrases the grunt uses before battle as hints toward the type of Pokemon they'll have.
Problem is, those phrases aren't always accurate. Earlier today, I had one say a line about being coiled to strike. He ended up having 2 zubats and a bulbasaur.

tashkal

Validated User
Problem is, those phrases aren't always accurate. Earlier today, I had one say a line about being coiled to strike. He ended up having 2 zubats and a bulbasaur.
Well, those are all poison types... But that is worth mentioning, true. I found a coiled to strike stop, and ended up facing two Bulbasaurs and an Ivysaur. They stand out more as grass types (or flying in Zubat's case) but are also poison.

Also, if you're following the special research, you may want to wait to purify until after you have fulfilled stage two of the special research. You'll probably be able to go ahead and finish stage three when you do, assuming you got one of fire, water, or grass.

Top Bottom