• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Pokemon Go it's out!

Kovbasa

Validated User
You shut your mouth! It's an adorable Eevee with an adorable flower crown and an adorable set of evolutions (with adorable flower crowns)
Don't get me wrong. I like Eevee. It's absolutely adorable, and I wish that it would have ended up as the face of the franchise over Pikachu. I just don't think that it's a suitable reward for the weekly research, considering that the flower crown version has already appeared in an event where it was just spawning all over the place. There's still plenty of legendaries that could be that reward instead, and I imagine that there are a fair amount of other suitable pokemon that haven't appeared yet that could work too - though admittedly, I have no idea for certain on that last one, as Go is my only real exposure to the franchise.

With my final research reward today I was finally able to choose my best Groudon & Kyogre and start powering them up. It's really satisfying to finally have a couple to toss into battles & raids, as well as use all the rare candy I've been stockpiling. I ran out of candy around level 31-32 so they're already better than anything else I have, excepting that neither have the correct charge move. TMs have been really elusive in my raid rewards for the last couple of months.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
So I just checked the two Feebas I own to decide which to evolve and...

They're both 3 star.

(the game is in italian but the meaning is clear. The non-shiny has maxed atk and def and almost max hp, while the shiny has 9-10 atk, 12 def and max hp... but it's shiny!)

What should I choose.

Kovbasa

Validated User
I'd do the one on the left myself, but shinies don't do anything for me and I seem to be in the minority in that regard. I keep a couple of shiny legendaries and rarer ones (like, conveniently enough, a Feebass) around in the event that I run into a trading opportunity, but that's it.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So I hatched a shiny sneasel on the way to meet a lucky friend to trade for a shiny buneary, then I got a shiny Rayqueza in my first Ray raid (out of just three due to few raid passes) yesterday... it was a good shiny day, first time I've gotten more than one type of shiny in a day/more than one period outside of a community day.

As for Shinies, care about some, not others. Rayqueza looks beast as a shiny, and I like Shiny Kyogre as a counterpart to normal. Others? Not so much, though potential trade fodder. The fact that others care can make 'em valuable ^^

I will note my non-shiny Milotic is on my water-squad- they have a lot of HP, a respectful 3k top CP, and are useful in combat (mostly for defense, but I like it as an anchor who'll last longer than a vaporeon), so you might want to go the high-stat one on this if you're considering it on a water squad. Kyogre is supreme at water, but Milotic can see use.

Though if your water squad is fine, or even if you're going to use it in combat but don't mind a hair weaker in exchange for cool looking, go shiny.

Bobaloo

New World Man
Validated User
Completed my Kanto Dex yesterday on account of the event.

I was not aggressive last year about it, but got a Mr. Mime. Got 2 Farfetch'd and Kangaskhan this year already and bought another adventure box. (Oh and hatched a Tauros too, but they're actually common at times where I live.)

Mikey Boy

A person
Validated User
Iwas aggressive about it last year, and got the two regionals I needed (as Farfetch'd had already been previously available). I still don't have a Mew, and nor do I have any expectation of getting one, but it was good to get those others.

Would be nice to get a shiny this time around, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I've had nothing but a single Kanga so far.

And so. Many. Azurills.

Kovbasa

Validated User
I've gotten a couple of Farfetch'd and a Tauros (my own regional) so far. Honestly I'm more impressed by the near-perfect Happiny that I hatched instead, but I'm at least happy that I've managed to avoid most of the garbage hatches that keep me from doing many 7 km eggs so far. I've also gotten more 10 km eggs since the event started a couple weeks back, which I'm also not complaining about.

As a tangentially related topic: For those of you with Google phones, how have you found the job that Google Fit does tracking your distance for Adventure Sync. I've got a Pixel 3 as well as a FitBit, and while they're both quite close as far as steps go, their distances have been significantly different. Google Fit tended to only calculate about 0.3 m/step, while Fitbit was closer to 0.75. That is, until about a week ago when something seemed to have changed. Adventure Sync is giving me around 8 km a day now. Combined with the reduction in hatching distance, I'm going through a lot more eggs than I used to.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Finally got back up to enough Feebas candy and just 5km from walking a good feebas, and then I caught my first Shiny Feebas.

Choices, choices, good Milotic or Shiny Milotic...

Top Bottom