• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

[Pokemon] SWORD and SHIELD, late 2019!

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User

...England! Pokemon England! That was my top pick! :D

Watership Down 2: Bunny Harder.

...edit: why didn't I check the general Nintendo thread? Merge or let stand?

NobodyImportant

Validated User
I think discussion of a future pokemon game is significant enough to warrant its own thread.

Or, to put it another way: I’m saddened I have no easy way to access the discussions that occurred here in the leadup to Sun & Moon, and I would not like that to be repeated.

lorddaftwager

Validated User
I'm of the opinion that a separate thread would be better for people who come looking for new information.

So, on the topic of the game, last generation we had Z-moves, the generation before that we had mega evolution. Anyone have any guesses as to what we'll get this time?

Endless Rain

Validated User
I don't really like the region design they picked for the Galar region. It looks much too linear, and I find linear world maps really annoying to navigate in the end-game. It also seems to have no ocean routes, which is disappointing to me since I started with Sapphire and always loved them in that game. Really hoping they pick Greece for their next region design; its geography would make a great Pokémon region. (Washington State + southern British Columbia would also be a fun region, as would eastern China.)

I'm of the opinion that a separate thread would be better for people who come looking for new information.

So, on the topic of the game, last generation we had Z-moves, the generation before that we had mega evolution. Anyone have any guesses as to what we'll get this time?
Judging from the name of the new games, I'd guess some kind of equipment system. Pokémon traditionally hasn't had equipment aside from held items and single-use healing/statboost items, and there's a lot of design space they could use there.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
As a West Coast Unovan, I can never remember the naming distinctions of the Isles. o_O But damn I love that... tam o'shanter? Is that right?

Good thing the kids have expressions, Sun and Moon's fixed smiles just got creepy.

...you know how there's always a school building somewhere with the little tutorials on status and so forth? Bets on it being a full on boarding school with Houses? Tepigwarts?

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
Indeed, Angry Scottish Trainer is how I see her too, and that's great.
One thing I noticed in the trailer, though, in the part where she's going into the long grass - is it just me, or does it look a lot like she's sneaking around in the exact same way used in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire with the DexNav stuff? If so, that's great, I loved how they did that and bringing it back would be great, I think..

TemerousNox

Validated User
I'm almost certainly going to preorder this, but I want to see what the version exclusives are before I commit.

The water starter is adorable - might be enough to convince me to switch from my beloved fire types.

Am I the only one that thinks Scorbunny looks a bit like Angel from MLP: Friendship is Magic?

Top Bottom