• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Pokemon] SWORD and SHIELD, late 2019!

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
OMG is that gigantamaxed Corviknight? I'm in love.

I know the Internet is obsessed with the sheep one, but my heart belongs to the giant raven
Finally, someone else shares my love for the giant raven.
I mean, yeah, the sheep is cute and all, but my friends don't seem to get why I so love Corviknight.

Also, that gigantmaxed fairy really takes the cake.
Bad puns aside, further info on the new pokemon.
Alcremie is pure fairy with the Sweet Veil ability and honestly makes me wonder why Slurpuff is being included in these games as well (It's already been seen in footage).
Gigantmax pokemon also get a unique move, and for Alcremie's big cake form it's a fairy attack that damages the enemy and heals all pokemon on Alcremie's side. So, potentially quite useful for those raid battles. Also the cake form makes me think of that one witch from Madoka, so don't lose your head about this thing.

Rolycoly is the rock type one, pure rock with either Heatproof or the new Steam Power ability. Steam Power is interesting, providng a drastic boost to speed when hit with a fire or water attack. Based off of coal and looks like the local Geodude equivalent, maybe.

Finally, the steel/dragon Duraludon. Not so great with Light/Heavy Metal for its abilities, but an interesting type, the first non-legendary steel/dragon, I think. There's a bit of fluff talking about it getting into fights with Tyranitar.

As for the gigantmax pokemon, Corviknight's new attack is flying type, deals damage and removes screens, entry hazards and terrain effects.
Drednaw gets a water type move that damages and applies Stealth Rocks.

Creticus

Validated User
OMG is that gigantamaxed Corviknight? I'm in love.

I know the Internet is obsessed with the sheep one, but my heart belongs to the giant raven
I'm a fan of both.

With that said, I'm very curious if the region has ominous prophecies about the absence of Corviknights signalling its imminent downfall.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
And now I'm guessing Wailord will be out, to avoid having to deal with this.
Might be a reason for no national dex, since some Pokemon are already kaiju sized, so making them bigger would kind of defeat the purpose.
Seems to be speculation on Serebii.net that it is, in fact, in there.

Also some version exclusive lists are out. Hm, I really like the Sword line-up so far. Was considering shield (legendary's more my jam), but I'm not as interested in the slug-dragons. EDIT: Also like Bea more than Alistair.

lorddaftwager

Validated User
A new trailer's been released. Among it's reveals are:

-Galarian form Pokemon! So far we have galarian weezing, galarian zigzagoon and linoone which evolve into the new obstagoon
-A new Pokemon, Morpeko, which changes form based on whether or not it's hungry
-The reveal of Team Yell, who are a bunch of soccer hooligans

But who cares about any of that, because THERE IS AN OLD LADY RIVAL! COULD THIS BE THE QUEEN IN DISGUISE?

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh my. Marnie's going to launch a thousand fanarts in the next 24 hours.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Weezing, the late stage capitalism Pokemon.

Also, looks like the rumor about the villains being obsessed fans was spot on.

Also, I an intrigued by Mopeko. Usually not a fan of the Pika clones, but this one has a neat gimmick.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Okay so I looked it up, apparently this new Weezing eats pollution, then expels nice smelling mist from its smokestack.

So its not late stage capitalism.

ITS THE GLADE AIR FRESHENER POKEMON.

Top Bottom