• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Pokemon] SWORD and SHIELD, late 2019!

Brawndo

Murder Time Fun Time!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hey, I'm having trouble finding this info: do current Pokemon games use the "you have to catch it" or "you have to see it" method for making Pokedex entries? Not in terms of completion, just the entry itself.
Well the only Pokémon game I've played since Yellow is Pokemon Let's Go on the Switch, and that one gave you partial Pokédex entries for the ones you saw, but you had to catch them to get the in-depth entry.

DrFaustus

Humanistic Infernalist
Validated User
Hey, I'm having trouble finding this info: do current Pokemon games use the "you have to catch it" or "you have to see it" method for making Pokedex entries? Not in terms of completion, just the entry itself.
As far as I know, the way the Pokedex is filled out had never changed since red/blue. If you see a Pokemon it gets an entry with it's Sprite, name and which areas of the world it can be found in, but no other info. Once you catch one the rest gets filled in.

Sark

Validated User
IIRC, that was only for the in-game reward. Getting the full pokedex data still required you to actually catch them.

Top Bottom