• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Pokemon] SWORD and SHIELD, late 2019!

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
I am curious.

I’ve never really played a Pokémon game, but I am somewhat tempted to try…

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm pretty much sure to be onboard. I've skipped most of the recent remakes, as well as Sun & Moon 2, but a proper new mainline duo of games ? On the console I've spent most of my recent playing time on ? (I have trouble finding the motivation to boot up my 3DS these days...) Sure.

There are tons of Switch JRPGs on my radar for playing in 2019 (the Tales of Vesperia remaster, FFIX, FFXII, DQXIS... and I still need to finish Octopath Traveller), but this looks like a gimme.

Count_Zero

Game Master
Validated User
Yeah - I'm going with Scorbunny as my starter and I'm probably going to pick a name from Watership Down.

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
I am curious.

I’ve never really played a Pokémon game, but I am somewhat tempted to try…
While they've not done main games on a console before, they have put out little demos for the last couple of games. It likely won't be for quite a while, admittedly, but it's something to be aware of if you're interested.
The demos do tend to be very small things, though, and quite limited in what's in them, but it's something and might help you make a decision. Plus you tend to get something for the main game by playing the demo, too.

As for starter, probably also Scorbunny, but I'm holding off of committing myself until I see the final forms. Sobble has been growing on me a lot.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
My usual practice of restarting my game several times while trading with bii bii so that we both have all three starters will be complicated a bit by presumably needing to buy a second Switch. Here's hoping we still have a decent tax refund in this year of the Scam.

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
My usual practice of restarting my game several times while trading with bii bii so that we both have all three starters will be complicated a bit by presumably needing to buy a second Switch. Here's hoping we still have a decent tax refund in this year of the Scam.
That's a reminder of the big main thing I forgot that we need to find out about.

Pokemon Bank, and how/if that will interact with Sword/Shield.
Since I imagine putting spare starters into Bank would be a lot cheaper than buying another Switch.
Or, maybe, getting someone from here to act as an inbetween if you can't Bank between profiles, I suppose. Either way, we definitely need to find out about Bank support.

Stormfalcon

Just slumming
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Haven't quite decided on which starter, though I'm tempted to choose Scorbunny and naming him either Max or King Kazma

IronMongoose

Validated User
I'm hovering between Grookey and Scorbunny. Depends on if the bunny turns out to be another Fire/Fighting starter.

Hoping this will be a return to the DS era in terms of difficulty, map design and storytelling. The 3DS era has been a bit of a let down for me.

Top Bottom