[Pokemon] SWORD and SHIELD, late 2019!

Kovbasa

Validated User
Dammit. I wasn't interested in Let's Go - and in fact, my only experience with Pokemon is Pokemon Go, but I suspect that I'll be buying a Switch just for this game. Sobble will be my starter - Scorbunny doesn't do anything for me, and for some reason banging the stick on the rock turned me right off of Grookey.

Also, regarding Scorbunny, am I the only person who thinks that it looks like it has a Breathe Right strip across its nose?

Grumpygoat

Validated User
I am curious.

I’ve never really played a Pokémon game, but I am somewhat tempted to try…
I'm in the same boat. That the game has a strong Breath of the Wild exploration and graphic vibe to it is really what's captured my interest. Whether some of those areas are locked off background areas or are actually accessible will probably clinch whether I buy it or not.

IronMongoose

Validated User
I'm in the same boat. That the game has a strong Breath of the Wild exploration and graphic vibe to it is really what's captured my interest. Whether some of those areas are locked off background areas or are actually accessible will probably clinch whether I buy it or not.
Well, as a long-time pokemon fan, I'm going to have to inform you that it probably won't be anywhere near as open as BotW. In fact the 3DS era tended towards extremely linear, but Game Freak has made some comments that make me hope they will loosen things up a bit.

Also:

Grumpygoat

Validated User
Well, as a long-time pokemon fan, I'm going to have to inform you that it probably won't be anywhere near as open as BotW. In fact the 3DS era tended towards extremely linear, but Game Freak has made some comments that make me hope they will loosen things up a bit.
Oh, I didn't think for a moment that I'd be scaling mountains and traveling completely willy-nilly. I don't anticipate any ability to climb, fly around in a glider, or snowboard. But when the video talks about wide, open plains, it gives the sense that there may be more than just following a road from one player hub to the next. Considering the nature of Pokemon, exploration seems a natural fit.

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Look, new mainline Pokemon game was guaranteed to get me already, but...

Rabbit starter! Rabbit starter rabbit starter rabbit starter! RABBIT STARTER!!!!!

If this is another Buneary and it ends up evolving until it looks like a burly 55-year-old divorced guy named Chuck who owns a bulldozer rental business, I will riot.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Look, new mainline Pokemon game was guaranteed to get me already, but...

Rabbit starter! Rabbit starter rabbit starter rabbit starter! RABBIT STARTER!!!!!

If this is another Buneary and it ends up evolving until it looks like a burly 55-year-old divorced guy named Chuck who owns a bulldozer rental business, I will riot.
Buneary evolves into the hot one, you're thinking of Bunnelby, which evolves into Diggersby

Sometimes you look at a Pokemon and think "Yep, that's my Patronus."

Top Bottom