[Pokemon] SWORD and SHIELD, late 2019!

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Buneary evolves into the hot one, you're thinking of Bunnelby, which evolves into Diggersby

Sometimes you look at a Pokemon and think "Yep, that's my Patronus."
I maintain that Diggersby is the greatest betrayal the Pokemon franchise has ever dealt to me, because I photoshopped the face of Bill from King of the Hill onto him and my friends didn't notice the difference.

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
How many lapine pokemon are there at this point?
There's a few that might be but, counting evolution lines as one thing, four. With ten pokemon in those lines.
The Nidoran lines are rabbit/rhino based, I think, and there's three of each, and then there's Buneary/Lopunny and Bunnelby/Diggersby.
Some say that certain Eeveelutions are a bit rabbitish, but I don't see it quite as much except maybe Jolteon.

lorddaftwager

Validated User
I can see saying the eeveelutions share some characteristics with rabbits, but I'm not sure if I'd call any of them rabbit-like, if that makes sense.

On a different topic: In order to deal with my impatience for Sword and Shield, I've decided to play through each of the prior generations. I started today with Yellow and a pikachu named Gilbert. Wish me luck!

Lord Raziere

Banned
Validated User
I think 'Scottish Female Pokemon Trainer' is my new favorite thing.
Well....considering my ancestry.....thats probably me but female and in the world of pokemon.

so basically my ideal true form....yeah I'm going to play female with scorbunny. I don't care if Scorbunny turns out to be fighting type. I'm a fire starter girl.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
I honestly don't get why so many people get mad about fire starters becoming fighting types. I mean its a motif:

*Grass starters are extinct non dinosaur animals whose plant parts become more pronounced as time goes on
*Water types are amphibous and eventually incorporate some kind of weapon into their designs
*Fire starters are based on the Chinese Zodiac and embody a fighting style of some kind.

And for the record, of the fire starters, 3 have been fighting (Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar), and four have been non fighting (Charizard, Typhlosion, Delphox, Inciniroar). The only reason people talk about it is because we got three fighters in a row.

Doliest

Validated User
I honestly don't get why so many people get mad about fire starters becoming fighting types. I mean its a motif:

*Grass starters are extinct non dinosaur animals whose plant parts become more pronounced as time goes on
*Water types are amphibous and eventually incorporate some kind of weapon into their designs
*Fire starters are based on the Chinese Zodiac and embody a fighting style of some kind.

And for the record, of the fire starters, 3 have been fighting (Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar), and four have been non fighting (Charizard, Typhlosion, Delphox, Inciniroar). The only reason people talk about it is because we got three fighters in a row.
I'd push back that Gen 1 and 2 are before Dual Typing was particularly prominent, IIRC. And 3/7 being the same Dual Type is..pretty prominent. The only thread that is that prominent in the other two lines is being single typed. Although I'd agree that it having been three games in a row is a large part of it, and that we've had two gens without Fire/Fighting makes me find this less irritating than if this was Gen 6 and it was about to be the fourth time in a row, rather than just the fourth time in general.

I mean, it's not that annoying to me, but I can get why people DO find it annoying?

CLAVDIVS

Postmodern Futurist
Validated User
I'm not even that much of a Pokemon fan (I've only played Emerald and X, and not gotten very far in either), but this looks great.

I love the female trainer's design, and I'm all on board the Angry Scotswoman train:
As a person of (partial) Scottish descent, I am SO on board with this. The fan art that's come out of the meme is amazing as well.

(Washington State + southern British Columbia would also be a fun region, as would eastern China.)
I live in the PNW, so I'd totally be down with a Pokemon game set there. Hell, it would barely be any different from reality. (A "traffic jam" around here is when a family of deer won't leave the intersection.)

The water starter is adorable - might be enough to convince me to switch from my beloved fire types.
It's a tadpole with anxiety. I identify so freakin' hard.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I will say that the memes already flowing out about the one girl being just AGGRESSIVELY Scottish are fantastic.

Attachments

Top Bottom