[Pokemon] SWORD and SHIELD, late 2019!

Pina

Validated User
Though I loved the owl and the fennec fox starters, that grass monkey is pretty adorable. I just hope it remains nice looking as it goes.

Well, I hope that for all of them, really. And more eeveelutions! Moar!

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
So, I just had a thought.

Over the last two games, we got two starters with a final form dark type: First Greninja the dark water frog ninja, and then Incineroar the wrestling Heel Dark fire pokemon.

So with that logic, I think its obvious what we are getting next: Make way for Grookey's evolved final form: Grooligan, the Grass/Dark Punk/Soccer Hooligan Pokemon.
Watch that cute little stick he carries around become a tire iron.

If I am right about this, I am totally taking Grookey as my starter and naming them Sid.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
So, I just had a thought.

Over the last two games, we got two starters with a final form dark type: First Greninja the dark water frog ninja, and then Incineroar the wrestling Heel Dark fire pokemon.

So with that logic, I think its obvious what we are getting next: Make way for Grookey's evolved final form: Grooligan, the Grass/Dark Punk/Soccer Hooligan Pokemon.
Watch that cute little stick he carries around become a tire iron.

If I am right about this, I am totally taking Grookey as my starter and naming them Sid.
Sid? GHAZGHKULL MAG URUK THRAKA!

Crinos

Validated User
Thread, rise from your grave.

There's gonna be a Pokemon Sword and Shield direct the morning of June 5th. That is next Wednesday, at 6 AM Pacific time.

Maybe we'll start to get some new info then.

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
Finally. After Sun and Moon and what felt like a constant stream of reveals, this has felt really quiet in comparison.
Also, having looked it up, I figured I'd put the times up for a few places, just to make it easier for people to know when: 1300 GMT, 1400 BST, 6 PDT, 9 EDT

And, as an additional thing, according to Serebii there's going to be a 'Pokémon Business Strategy presentation' at 01:00 UTC on May 29th. This probably is not going to be able Sword and Shield but instead sounds a lot like the thing they did when they first announced Let's Go and Pokemon Quest. So, Let's Go Johto games, perhaps?

Last edited:

JoanieSappho

Validated User
So, apologies for the double post and going slightly off topic, but that Pokemon Business Strategy presentation happened.
Not going to go over everything - although it is interesting how they're bringing someone from Toho onto their board of directors - but a brief rundown of things presented;

Detective Pikachu sequel confirmed to be for the Switch and not related to the movie - carrying on from the previous game, instead.
Pokemon Home coming in 2020, a unified storage/trade cloud-based service that will connect to Pokemon Bank, Go and the Switch games (both Let's Go and Sword/Shield, so this bit is relevant - we'll be getting this a few months after the game, much like how it was with Bank and the games at the time)
Pokemon Sleep, whose entire pitch was 'Pokemon Go made walking fun, so let's do that with sleeping' and I have no idea how it'll work
Pokemon Masters, phone game involving every trainer from every game, and the only thing to have gameplay footage - 3v3 battles, looking kinda like a pokemon version of Fire Emblem Heroes.
Also the previously Japan only pokemon shirts are coming to America and Europe.

Crinos

Validated User
The stream is about to start, hold onto your butts people.

Crinos

Validated User
And its over.

So, the big gimmick this season is GIANT POKEMON. You can make your pokemon big for three rounds in a battle. Also you can engage in multiplayer battles to capture giant Pokemon.

New Pokemon include a sheep, a flower (which evolves into a little old lady with a seed puff on her head), a snapping turtle and an armored raven.

JoanieSappho

Validated User
I need that raven.
Still holding off on deciding which version to her, but now to see if Corviknight is version exclusive, so I can be absolutely sure that I can have it.
Because I need that thing now.

Top Bottom