• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Poll] Your Favorite RPG Genre

What are your favorite RPG genres?

• Total voters

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
Alright. I've tried to include everyone's ideas for what should be included on this poll, sadly, there is a Max for poll choices. I know it's impossible to please everyone, so just vote for what you think is closest to your favorite, and remember, keep the comments positive! 😄

A2A

Proud Member of the Fuzz
Validated User
Horror - generally modern (I play a lot of Delta Green and want to get a group together for the Dracula Dossier), but sometimes historical.

Thorfred

Validated User
Fantasy for me, followed by modern fantasy a la Dresden Files. I just love magic, elves, dragons and all that.

Secret Cow Level

Hell Bovines R Us!
Validated User
Fantasy, sci-fi, and post apoc are my favorites. I'll also play Marvel Superheroes (FASERIP), Top Secret, and James Bond 007 but otherwise other genres don't float my boat.

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
Still a big fantasy fan, whether it’s medieval or D&D fantasy or something more high tech like science fantasy. :) I also like paranormal stuff like ghosts, werewolves, vampires, etc.

I don’t necessarily need supernaturals (though I do like them!), but I must have magic of some sort, even if it’s just for the humans. If there is no magic, then at least have awesome over the top action moves like in action-adventure movies.

I also like sci-fi, but very “soft” and more focused on adventures or even gentle slice of life plots.

I would accept Modern if it includes the above over the top action moves...

While I do love some Romances and gentle modern drama-comedy stories, I don’t want to play super-high-drama in my tabletop games. (I would still like the subplots of romances and friendships and making alliances as part of the overall story, of course.)

Myridian

Be Just and Fear Not
Validated User
I've shifted from my #1 being Fantasy to it falling to #2 and Sci-fi taking the top spot. Almost any kind of sci-fi will do.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Other.

While I do like Fantasy and Superhero, it's more because they tend to be the genres that comes closest to having the kitchen sink I'd really like to see.

NPC

Sexbot Repairman (NPC since Jan. 2002)
Validated User
Tie between SF and Postapocalypse, but I voted for Post Apocalyptic.

Top Bottom