• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Post Apocalypse Artifacts: The Sword of the Eighties

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
Ever have something just jump into your head, fully formed, and yet have no idea what to do with it? I do all the time. I present the fruits of today’s lightning strike. Maybe someone else will have some fun with it.
It just... popped in there said:
Before you, on a dusty stand, in a crumbling lostech temple of the elder days, sits a chrome cylinder, nearly a foot in length, bedecked with strange patterns, colors, and a big, red button. When you pick it up, and press the button, a solid beam of light erupts from the end. Chroniclers will never agree on the color. Some say it is blue, others pink, others still that it shifts from one to the other. All agree that it contrasts perfectly to the background it is ignited in.

The light is not alone, it is accompanied by sound. The master songmakers agree that it is the synthesized voice of the Machina, exactly as it is heard in the archaic hymn “Send me an Angel.”

The weapon brings hope and joy to all who behold it, even as the dark current underneath corrodes its enemies.

It will shake the pillars of heaven, because there is no try.
It will never stop wanting a better tomorrow, because greed is good.
The ancients called it Lightsaber. Those that saw the Fall called it Neon. It is the Eightiesblade, and when it asks you if you’re a god- you say yes!

Ghola

Veteran of 100k psychic wars
Validated User
(y)

Totally radical dude! You need all the help you can get on those streets of fire.

Certified

Validated User
I can't get this post out of my head. Recently we started a new game, where the heroes each come from a different dimension and are trying to collect shards of an interconnected plane that have begun reeking havoc across the multiverse.

At this point, all I can see is them landing in this wasteland future where cities are bulwarks against the horrors outside, lit with neon and filled with mohawks, leather, and face paint. Somewhere between Cherry 2000, Dead End Drive In, and Rock and Rule.

So, thank you for this gift.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
There needs to be a "...for it grants sight beyond sight" in the litany, but I can't think of anything to pair it with.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
There needs to be a "...for it grants sight beyond sight" in the litany, but I can't think of anything to pair it with.
The ancients called it Lightsaber.
It will shake the pillars of heaven, because there is no try.
Those that saw the Fall called it Neon.
It will never stop wanting a better tomorrow, because greed is good.
It is the Eightiesblade.
It can never turn from the face of evil, for it grants sight beyond sight.
And when it asks you if you’re a god- you say yes!

Top Bottom