• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Post Apocalypse Artifacts: The Sword of the Eighties

NoOneImportant

Validated User
There really needs to be some sort of power of Greyskull/I have the power reference in there somewhere. And maybe a til all are one or eye of the tiger running wild on you as well.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
Ooof.... man, this is HEAVY!

Does it have... 88M-PH on an panel on it?
There really needs to be some sort of power of Greyskull/I have the power reference in there somewhere. And maybe a til all are one or eye of the tiger running wild on you as well.
Not sure how to work all that into the description yet, but I’m starting to picture the weilder now. Like a New Wave Thundarr, with He-man’s chest harness, only instead of the normal sigil, it’s a flux capacitor.

Also, when the button is pressed and the blade ignites, instead of the *snap-hiss* of a lightsaber, I’m pretty sure it plays the three notes from the chorus of Foreigner’s “Jukebox Hero”.

Last edited:

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
Not sure how to work all that into the description yet, but I’m starting to picture the weilder now. Like a New Wave Thundarr, with He-man’s chest harness, only instead of the normal sigil, it’s a flux capacitor.

Also, when the button is pressed and the blade ignites, instead of the *snap-hiss* of a lightsaber, I’m pretty sure it plays the three notes from the chorus of Foreigner’s “Jukebox Hero”.
Does he wear the Foreigner Belt?

LoneWolf23

Validated User
Okay, so discussed with a friend of mine, we wondered what the Ninetiesblade would be like, and we both came to the conclusion it would naturally be a Chainsword. That sounds like a ripping guitar solo when revved up.

NoOneImportant

Validated User
Does he have the Flock of Seagulls haircut?

Eightiespocolypse really needs to be an RPG, or at least an animated series.

Qwa'ha Xahn

Validated User
Okay, so discussed with a friend of mine, we wondered what the Ninetiesblade would be like, and we both came to the conclusion it would naturally be a Chainsword. That sounds like a ripping guitar solo when revved up.
I’m now wondering about other decade’s blades. Like, the Nintiesblade is a katana, and one line of the description ends in “because it knows kung fu”. Maybe there’s our player characters/Jedi of the setting- each weilder a Decade of The Century out to turn back time to the days before the catastrophe.

Diogenes_Castor

Validated User
Hmm so you could a have blade per decade of the 20th century. You could call them the Nostalgia Blades. I could totally see a Highlander-esc gathering at the end of time in a Mad Max style post apocalypse.

There can be only one.

Qwa'ha Xahn

Validated User
Hmm so you could a have blade per decade of the 20th century. You could call them the Nostalgia Blades. I could totally see a Highlander-esc gathering at the end of time in a Mad Max style post apocalypse.

There can be only one.
Yes! Thirtiesblade can be an Errol Flynn style rapier, Sixtiesblade a gladus for sword and sandal... I’m loving this.

80s-Man & The Princes of the Universe?

"I have the power - To rock on through the night!"
Yeeeeesssss!

Top Bottom