💯 {Staff Pick} Princess Bride RPG [Staff Pick for post #76]

Futurella

slowpoke
Validated User
Re: Princess Bride RPG

I can almpst see how to do this. Its a Lasers & feelings hack called "swords & whimsy." Well, no. It's a Token Resistance hack where um hm.

I had something for this. Come back to me.

Miss Atomic Bomb

Welcome to your life. There's no turning back.
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

The original Princess Bride rpg was a fascinating creation but it was really just for game designers. It was intricate and quite baroque. Beautiful, really, but barely playable. The equipment packing rules were fascinating but no one ever really used em. It looks to me like this project will simplify the rules, and Fudge seems like a good choice for that. Just the playable parts!
Brilliant.

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User

The original Princess Bride rpg was a fascinating creation but it was really just for game designers. It was intricate and quite baroque. Beautiful, really, but barely playable. The equipment packing rules were fascinating but no one ever really used em. It looks to me like this project will simplify the rules, and Fudge seems like a good choice for that. Just the playable parts!
So we will be playing the edited/abridged version?

LibraryLass

Feminazgûl
Validated User

I will only buy this if there is a “land war in Asia rule = auto-fail” (etc.).
Well, for what it's worth, just in the quickstart the deception skill is named "Blave", and the fudge points are referred to as "Grandpa, wait!" points.

So I think that's a fair possibility.

LatinaBunny

Moody Mermaid
Validated User

When is this supposed to come out? Or is it not licensed yet?

ETA: I have tried looking at Facebook, but I'm not seeing much info so far?

Last edited:

avram

Validated User

(The film, meanwhile, is ostensibly based on an unrelated abridgement of the "original" Morgenstern novel that the book's editor/author claims to have been told by his grandfather as a bedtime story - which, amusingly, makes the Fred Savage character of the film a fictionalised version of the book's own author!)
A doubly-fictionalized version of the book's own author, because the version of William Goldman described in the introduction (with a son, and a wife who's a child psychologist, and whose father is a first-generation immigrant from Florin) is not the real William Goldman (who has two daughters, and a wife who works in the film industry).

Last edited:
Top Bottom