• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

*Kickstarter* PROJECT DEIOS has launched on KS - Editor for battle maps, cities, regions worlds and more

DungeonFog

Hello fellow map makers!
We have just launched our new Kickstarter campaign "PROJECT DEIOS".
We are blown away by the great start (funded within 10 hours) and can't wait to see what stretch-goals will be unlocked!

What is project DEIOS?
With PROJECT DEIOS, you can design awesome battlemaps, stunning city maps and spectacular world maps for your RPG adventures. The finished DEIOS Suite will offer an interconnected experience for boundless map-making. At its core, DEIOS is created to support Game Masters and storytellers on their creative journey, and to make map-making easy, intuitive and practically useful. But we’ve realized that we’re not alone on this quest. World Anvil, The GreatGM and Caeora also aim to transform map-making, storytelling and worldbuilding into an extraordinary experience for you. So we’ve teamed up!

PROJECT DEIOS is our shared vision - ONE system that can support ALL your map-making and storytelling needs.

You want to know more about DEIOS? Ask right away - I will do my best to answer your questions

Thanks,
Till

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
What, exactly, does the "commercial licence" mean? Say I use the subscription for a few months to work on a map, then add the result to an RPG. Do I need to keep the licence active for as long as I keep selling the game, or is the commercial licence only relevant if I want to monetise projects located on the Deios servers?

I have to say, I think your software looks very promising, but I'm wary of the subscription model. I don't actually use maps all that much in my gaming so while the apparent ease of use is attractive - the other mapmaking software I use is kind of cumbersome in some aspects - I'm not exactly sure what would change when my subscription would expire - other than my ability to keep making or enhancing more maps, obviously.

DungeonFog

What, exactly, does the "commercial licence" mean? Say I use the subscription for a few months to work on a map, then add the result to an RPG. Do I need to keep the licence active for as long as I keep selling the game, or is the commercial licence only relevant if I want to monetise projects located on the Deios servers?

I have to say, I think your software looks very promising, but I'm wary of the subscription model. I don't actually use maps all that much in my gaming so while the apparent ease of use is attractive - the other mapmaking software I use is kind of cumbersome in some aspects - I'm not exactly sure what would change when my subscription would expire - other than my ability to keep making or enhancing more maps, obviously.
When you have a commercial license, you have an additional button to register the map. Once registered, the map stays commercially licensed, even if you cancel your sub.

We initally saw our subscription like Netflix - pay a small monthly sub and always have the newest assets and features. With 25-50 new assets per month, new maps and access to our community tools, we beieve that this is strong offer.

But we understand that subscription is not for everyone. That's why we have added the option to buy a standalone (no-sub) lincense for the desktop software.
You can now support our campaign without having to take a subscription!

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
When you have a commercial license, you have an additional button to register the map. Once registered, the map stays commercially licensed, even if you cancel your sub.
Is there a limit of some kind to the number of maps one can licence? Also, is there a watermark or something like that added to the map? (I think World Anvil does that.) Am I correct to assume that any maps I'd produced before the subscription ran out would still be available in "read-only" format, or could at least be exported as image files while the subscription was active?

But we understand that subscription is not for everyone. That's why we have added the option to buy a standalone (no-sub) lincense for the desktop software.
You can now support our campaign without having to take a subscription!
I appreciate that, but the price point is higher than I feel comfortable paying for a software I don't foresee having intense use. I suspect that a month or two of subscription occasionally, creating a map or few and then letting the subscription lapse, would be a more realistic use scenario, and the price point of the offline licence would buy me a very large number of subscription months (complete with the expanding asset library you describe), so that seems like a better deal for me.

Thank you for your response, and I hope you can answer these last questions as well!

Top Bottom