• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[PS4] Opinions on Spider-Man?

Nessalantha

Validated User
Funnily enough, that's exactly the way I'd been leaning (even though I eventually plan to get all of them).

I watched a little bit of each of those games played on YouTube (but just a bit since I don't want spoilers ruined) and Spider-Man seemed to have that bit of whimsical fun to it that has been drawing me to it. :)
Even though one day it will be mine, I have not played Odyssey. Regarding RDR2 and Spider-Man, they are both great games, but Spider-Man also takes the edge for me. RDR2 seems like a deeper, richer world, but like most Rockstar games, it's almost relentless grim. Spider-Man has its dark moments, being hard luck Spidey to the core, but it's ultimately more uplifting. Also, Arthur Morgan does not mock his foes nearly as much. :D

Jack

Wave Man
Validated User
If it wasn't for Red Dead? This would be the best game I played all year. As it is its a solid #2 and I played (and loved) God of War and others.

Goodsport

Adventurer
Validated User
Sorry for the thread bump, but I was just finally able to buy a PS4 Pro, FIFA 19 and Marvel's Spider-Man Digital Deluxe Edition (the last of which is currently downloading). :)

I'll still try to get the other two aforementioned games sooner rather than later, but for now all that's left for me to find and buy is this game's Official Strategy Guide.

-G

Balac

Validated User
I wouldn't bother getting a strategy guide for Spider-Man unless you really want to go for the 100% completion trophy. The game is pretty straightforward and allows a lot of freedom in deciding how you want to play. About the only bit of info that I think would make your game more fun is 'get the web blossom suit power first'. Having an AOE move from the start makes the early game a lot smother until you have a wider power set.

Goodsport

Adventurer
Validated User
I wouldn't bother getting a strategy guide for Spider-Man unless you really want to go for the 100% completion trophy. The game is pretty straightforward and allows a lot of freedom in deciding how you want to play. About the only bit of info that I think would make your game more fun is 'get the web blossom suit power first'. Having an AOE move from the start makes the early game a lot smother until you have a wider power set.
Thanks for the info. :)

I remember Official Strategy Guides from way back when would also include behind the scenes info and interviews with the game developers and such which made those guides a fun read. Then those guides stopped including those until recently, where now some include them and some don't. I wonder if this game's Official Strategy Guide includes those or not. :confused:

Also, I seem to remember reading somewhere that this game doesn't take place on Earth-616. If that's true, then which Earth does it take place on?

-G

Balac

Validated User
Also, I seem to remember reading somewhere that this game doesn't take place on Earth-616. If that's true, then which Earth does it take place on?
One created for this game. Most of the details are in line with 616 but there are enough changes to throw a few surprises into the mix. Vague I know but don't want to spoil anything.

Goodsport

Adventurer
Validated User
One created for this game. Most of the details are in line with 616 but there are enough changes to throw a few surprises into the mix. Vague I know but don't want to spoil anything.
Much appreciated. :)

Just curious: does the six-armed version of Peter Parker / Spider-Man make an appearance in the game or would that have been too freaky for players to see?

-G

Last edited:

Balac

Validated User
No, though you do get pretty much every other Spider costume (including a number that aren't Peter) that wouldn't require massive tinkering with the game engine. It's actually pretty impressive just how many outfits there are.

Nessalantha

Validated User
Just curious: does the six-armed version of Peter Parker / Spider-Man make an appearance in the game or would that have been to freaky for players to see?
You can acquire the suit from the MCU Infinity War movie, where the spider legs come out of the back, but that's as close as you get. I'm not sure what the deal is with the legs in the game, as I never used that particular suit's power, because I found it, yes, a touch freaky. 😊

Top Bottom